Rowan nn Wren?

We really love the names [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_u]Wren[/name_u]. [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] has excellent family ties for us, but I really can’t get over how much I love [name_u]Wren[/name_u]. Would it make an acceptable nickname or is it too much of a stretch?

I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch. It’s unusual, but they have many of the same sounds.

It could work just fine!
If you think its too out there use [name_u]Rowen[/name_u] nn [name_u]Wren[/name_u], which actually has an e in it
Still, I think [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] nn [name_u]Wren[/name_u] isnt too much of a stretch

If you like both names so much, go for it! I think a nickname can generally be anything you like, even totally unrelated to the name (they often develop naturally like that anyway). [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_u]Wren[/name_u] are both lovely and fairly close in sound - why not?

I think it’s a great nn! Makes perfect sense to me

I think it is fine but I would use the spelling [name_u]Ren[/name_u] for a boy, and it also starts with R as does [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] which doesn’t make it look like so much of a stretch. For me, [name_u]Ren[/name_u] reads all-boy.