Rowan, Soren, Callum, or Benjamin?

Help! We have narrowed our [name_u]January[/name_u] baby’s name down to:

Rowan

Soren

Callum

Benjamin

Please rank them or tell me your favorites and least favorites, and middle name suggestions are welcome of course!

1. Benjamin (so handsome, sweet, and timeless!)
  2. Rowan (lovely nature name and one of the few names I see as truly unisex)
  3. Callum (very handsome!)
  4. Soren (love the soft sounds)
1 Like

Thank you so much! Very helpful.

Benjamin
[name_m]Soren[/name_m]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_u]Callum[/name_u]

Benjamin [name_m]Matthew[/name_m]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_u]Owen[/name_u]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_u]Grey[/name_u]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_u]Asher[/name_u]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_u]Lane[/name_u]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_u]Reid[/name_u]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]

Soren [name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_m]Soren[/name_m] [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u]
[name_m]Soren[/name_m] [name_u]Jackson[/name_u]
[name_m]Soren[/name_m] [name_u]Levi[/name_u]
[name_m]Soren[/name_m] [name_m]Zachary[/name_m]
[name_m]Soren[/name_m] [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u]
[name_m]Soren[/name_m] [name_m]Abel[/name_m]
[name_m]Soren[/name_m] [name_u]Wolf[/name_u]

Rowan [name_u]Parker[/name_u]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_m]Kane[/name_m]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_m]Elijah[/name_m]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_u]Carter[/name_u]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_u]Hayes[/name_u]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_m]Wesley[/name_m]

Callum [name_m]Joel[/name_m]
[name_u]Callum[/name_u] [name_u]Nolan[/name_u]
[name_u]Callum[/name_u] [name_u]Arlo[/name_u]
[name_u]Callum[/name_u] [name_m]Josiah[/name_m]
[name_u]Callum[/name_u] [name_u]Emery[/name_u]
[name_u]Callum[/name_u] [name_u]Francis[/name_u]
[name_u]Callum[/name_u] [name_m]Vincent[/name_m]
[name_u]Callum[/name_u] [name_u]Ryan[/name_u]

I love [name_m]Soren[/name_m], [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] and [name_u]Callum[/name_u]!

Ranked from favorite to least favorite:
[name_m]Soren[/name_m]- cool and handsome sounding
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]- classic and timeless
[name_u]Callum[/name_u]- [name_u]Cal[/name_u] is such a sweet nn and I love the sound
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]- never been a fan for some reason

Soren [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u]
[name_m]Soren[/name_m] [name_u]Emmett[/name_u]

Benjamin [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_m]Caleb[/name_m]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_m]Ford[/name_m]

Thank you so much!! [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] is actually in my mind already (my brother’s name is [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u], hence wanting to honor him with first OR middle), but I was worried about the two names ending in -n and whether they flow when said outloud. Good to see someone else suggest it!

Rowan—very nice, though going a bit to the girls
[name_u]Callum[/name_u]—somewhat unique
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]–solid roots, if somewhat predictable
[name_m]Soren[/name_m]—not a pleasant sound to me

1. [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]
  2. [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
  3. [name_m]Soren[/name_m]
  4. [name_u]Callum[/name_u]
  1. Benjamin. Such a timeless classic. [name_u]Strong[/name_u] and a great association.
  2. Callum. I can’t tell you why I love this name so much , there is something about it I am drawn to. I love the nickname [name_u]Cal[/name_u]
  3. Rowan. I love [name_f]Ro[/name_f] ! I have a few associations but both positive. I find it is true my unisex
  4. Soren . I have a negative association with [name_m]Soren[/name_m]. I also don’t love the Sore in the name I find it a little harsh. I can appreciate it for someone else though

Rowan is my favorite by far! I personally have never found the sounds of [name_m]Soren[/name_m] and [name_u]Callum[/name_u] appealing, and [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u], while classic, is a little boring because I know so many.

Rowan and [name_u]Callum[/name_u] tie as my favourite! [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] comes in second for me and I’m not personally a fan of [name_m]Soren[/name_m].

1. [name_u]Callum[/name_u] - love the meaning, love the nn [name_u]Cal[/name_u], to me it’s very masculine yet gentle…very much like the much more well-known [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]!
  2. [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] - [name_m]Ben[/name_m] is just a timeless favorite.
  3. [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] - You’ll find many fans on Nameberry. :smiley: It’s popular and it is very sweet. But I like it better on a baby or young child than I do on an adult for some reason. I do tend to assume [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] is a girl these days if I just see the name on paper.
  4. [name_m]Soren[/name_m] - I want to love this name. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the look of it, the uniqueness, the history. [name_m]Just[/name_m] can’t get over the soreness.

I think either [name_u]Callum[/name_u] [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] or [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_u]Callum[/name_u] would be darling on a baby and handsome on a man.

I love [name_m]Soren[/name_m] and [name_u]Callum[/name_u]!!

Soren [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m]
[name_u]Callum[/name_u] [name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Soren[/name_m] [name_m]Leander[/name_m]
[name_u]Callum[/name_u] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_m]Soren[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_u]Callum[/name_u] [name_m]Thiago[/name_m]
[name_m]Soren[/name_m] [name_u]Luca[/name_u]
[name_u]Callum[/name_u] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_m]Soren[/name_m] [name_u]Jasper[/name_u]
[name_u]Callum[/name_u] [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m]
[name_m]Soren[/name_m] [name_u]Jonah[/name_u]
[name_u]Callum[/name_u] [name_u]Archer[/name_u]
[name_m]Soren[/name_m] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m]

In order:
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] - I love it. I think it’s well known, but not well used.
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] - Classic and timeless. Works well as both a first an middle
[name_m]Soren[/name_m] - To me, it has the same feel as [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], but it is climbing up the charts a bit (may or may not bother you)
[name_u]Callum[/name_u] - Not a fan. I know a fair few, and not all of them are great.

I love the combo [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]. It feels so classy!

Rowan [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] is a fantastic combo. I think the middle spot is better for an honour name, and they sound great together!

I’m not a fan of [name_m]Soren[/name_m] or [name_u]Callum[/name_u] but that’s just me.

Callum and [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] are my favourites, followed by [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] then [name_m]Soren[/name_m].

Favorite to least:

Callum
[name_m]Soren[/name_m]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]

I love [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]

[name_u]Callum[/name_u]!!!

[name_u]Callum[/name_u] is my all time favorite for boys… I can’t use it so I have to live vicariously through anyone who will! Lol. in all serious, it is such a handsome, gentle name, familiar but not a name you hear every day, and the nickname [name_u]Cal[/name_u] sounds warm, welcoming and so boy-next-door, in the best way.

[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] is a very close second… I used to want boys named [name_u]Callum[/name_u] and [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]! (I still would but life has other plans for me). [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] makes me think of a rainy forest on a warm afternoom, but still gives me the same handsome, sweet vibes as [name_u]Callum[/name_u]. both are a soft strength, age well, and are all around perfect.
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] is also incredibly handsome, also ages well and I love that it’s a strong classic but somehow still has a bit of spunk in the sound of it. this is my 3rd choice for you because I know plenty of [name_m]Ben[/name_m]’s around my age (20’s) and it has lost a little bit of its shine because of that.
I’m not a fan of [name_m]Soren[/name_m] unfortunately, all I hear is the word “sore” , but I can’t say how many (IF any) others would hear the same.

Good luck, you have some lovely options!:heart:

Fave to least:
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_m]Soren[/name_m]
[name_u]Callum[/name_u]

They are all very handsome names but I have a soft spot for [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]. I also think [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] is great! I second [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_u]Grey[/name_u], [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_u]Asher[/name_u], [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_m]Soren[/name_m] [name_u]Levi[/name_u], [name_m]Soren[/name_m] [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u], [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_m]Elijah[/name_m], [name_u]Callum[/name_u] [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] and [name_u]Callum[/name_u] [name_u]Francis[/name_u]. Good luck!