Rowley

[name]Rowley[/name]
Boy or Girl?? WDYT?

It has me stumped. For starters, how would you pronounce it? Is it like rowdy with an ‘l’? I would say for a boy, it doesn’t seem pretty enough for a girl but I can easily see someone using it for their daughter (if that makes sense).

• [name]Charlie[/name]

(ROW-[name]LEE[/name])
It’s the name of a town in NEW [name]ENGLAND[/name] (I don’t know where exactly.) I just liked the way it looked. But you do make sense. LOL

I first thought of [name]Cynthia[/name] [name]Rowley[/name], the designer, so I associate it with a girl if I think of her, but because it sounds a lot like the word “rowdy” to me, I could better see it on a boy. (I can better see surnames on boys than girls, but that’s just me.)

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Why not change it to [name]Rollo[/name] for a boy? [name]Just[/name] joking.

If I wasn’t from Massachusetts, where there is a large town named [name]Rowley[/name] I would probably be all for it. Considering I live so close to the town, I would never do that to my own son (definitely see it as a boy’s name). But considering you aren’t from around here, I say go for it.

Boys name for sure. I think you’d stump some people with pronunciation… roh-lee? But that’s okay too.

Definitely a boy! I like it but think people may have issues with the pronunciation so it depends if that would bother you.

I love [name]Cynthia[/name] [name]Rowley[/name], she was my very first favorite designer back when the Style network did hour long spotlights on designers and played fashion shows. [name]Way[/name] before they started just showing Clean House all day long. Tangent done.

[name]Rowley[/name] should be pronounced Rao-li, like rowdy with an L. I kinda like it, it reminds me of [name]Riley[/name] and [name]Raleigh[/name]. I’d like it much, much more on a boy.

We would definitely say it ‘roll’ rather than with the ‘ow’ sound as if you just had just hit your thumb with a hammer.

Definetly a boy name. I agree, it is like [name]Riley[/name] (which should have stayed a boy name [name]IMO[/name]) and [name]Raleigh[/name], both of which I like a lot. I think it would make a cute nn for something or a middle name.

If that’s how it’s pronounced then I don’t like it as a name. I know for sure that [name]Cynthia[/name] [name]Rowley[/name] pronounces it with the “ow” sound. Maybe it just depends on where you’re from.

Thanks for all your input. I am just a big fan of place names and when I came across this I liked the way it looked, but I didn’t know how people might react or if it was more of a girl’s name or boy’s name. Thank you!! :slight_smile: