Rowyn Dawn

There is a family on TikTok (username is @ourlargefamilylife) have announced that this is what they will be naming their daughter (12th child). Thoughts? I think that [name_u]Rowen[/name_u] or [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] would have been a better spelling choice but overall it’s nice.

3 Likes

for those who don’t know, their other kids are named:

Crizman [name_u]Shaye[/name_u] (g)
[name_u]Jordan[/name_u] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] [name_f]Faye[/name_f] (g)
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m] [name_m]Alan[/name_m]
[name_u]Jace[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_u]Cadence[/name_u] [name_u]Marie[/name_u] [name_f]Alyce[/name_f]
Jesalyn [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Eugene[/name_m]
[name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_u]Oliver[/name_u] [name_u]Gene[/name_u] & [name_u]Asher[/name_u] [name_u]Dale[/name_u] & [name_m]Abel[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] (triplets)

:blush:

I think [name_u]Rowyn[/name_u] is nice. I’d personally prefer the [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] spelling myself! She’s said she usually uses honor middles, which I think is nice, plus I think [name_f]Dawn[/name_f] matches with her other kids middles. it isn’t my personal style, but it seems to fit in nicely with the family :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Interesting. I’ve never seen the [name_u]Rowyn[/name_u] spelling myself… personally I kind of like it. Rowan/Rowen seems so overdone as a name and this seem to give it a fresh twist. Plus looking at the sibset the y spelling seems to help it fit right in with the rest of the girls (Shaye, [name_f]Faye[/name_f], [name_f]Alyce[/name_f] and Jesalyn)

1 Like

I don’t like the misspelling of [name_u]Rowan[/name_u].

1 Like

I agree. I’m also not a fan of the fact that both names end in N.