Ruby is perfect, and I can't use it

Oh my! So many good names to think about -

I guess I should have said that E’s middle name is [name_u]June[/name_u], which I adore… maybe more than her first name, but it just didn’t work with our last name.

[name_f]Marigold[/name_f] - this one is growing on me! I love the quirkiness of the nature name. [name_f]Mari[/name_f] is a cute nn too!
[name_f]Sally[/name_f] - I wish had a longer version besides [name_f]Sarah[/name_f]
[name_f]Freya[/name_f] - I go back and forth.
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] - This is a huge contender because it has family connections, but doesn’t have that fresh feel to me

[name_f]Inga[/name_f] maybe? I’m stuck on [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]. I like the Scandinavian feel - without being too unfamiliar - and the vowel beginning. [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] was almost [name_f]Isla[/name_f], except my husband couldn’t pronounce it correctly with that spelling (I know, sigh). [name_f]Nora[/name_f] was a contender until 3 of my friends/family had baby Noras in the same year.

I have this other side of me that really likes more modern names too - I do like [name_u]Everly[/name_u], [name_f]Reverie[/name_f], [name_u]Rory[/name_u]… but I don’t know if that’s the way to go for (theoretical) #2

[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
[name_u]Avery[/name_u]

I second [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] nn [name_f]Ruthie[/name_f] I also love [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_f]Audrey[/name_f], [name_f]Camila[/name_f], [name_f]Anne[/name_f] nn [name_f]Annie[/name_f], [name_f]Stella[/name_f], [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_f]Harriet[/name_f], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Lydia[/name_f], [name_u]Josie[/name_u], [name_f]Sadie[/name_f], [name_f]Molly[/name_f], [name_f]Hattie[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], [name_f]Adeline[/name_f], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] with [name_f]Eliza[/name_f].

[name_f]Pearl[/name_f], [name_f]Clarice[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Ava[/name_f], [name_u]Avery[/name_u]

Yeah go modern. I know [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] is “old” but I reckon it sounds quite young and spunky, I like [name_u]Rory[/name_u] and [name_f]Rueverie[/name_f]. I thought [name_f]Sally[/name_f] was short for [name_f]Solange[/name_f]…

young sounding but old names
Dottie
Minnie
Betty
Tillie
Kitty

Marigold and Rosemary sound too draggy

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] came to mind - my cousins are called [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]. It also shares the strong ‘I’ sound with [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] as well as having a V sound while [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] has a Z - both unusual sounds without being too obviously similar.

I honestly feel that if you love [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], name your baby that.
I’ve tried to figure out how to say this delicately, but your kid will be around a lot longer than your dog. But, some people might think that’s a complete no-no and that’s okay, too. We have a cat named [name_m]Simon[/name_m], and if our #2 is a boy, [name_m]Simon[/name_m] might well be on our list. We don’t think it’s a big deal.

Our baby #2 will be named [name_f]Olive[/name_f] if it’s a girl, and maybe [name_f]Olive[/name_f] fits your criteria as well?