Rufus and Orson

So I’ve come full circle with my naming preferences and have returned to my steady favourites [name_m]Rufus[/name_m], and the slightly newer but still enduring [name_m]Orson[/name_m]. I see them as cool, intelligent, kind of indie (but in a good way!) but I’m wondering if other people view them the same way?
The ‘[name_m]Rufus[/name_m] is a dogs name’ thing does not bother me in the slightest as I’ve known more dogs named top 10 human names than I have [name_m]Rufus[/name_m]!

So what would you think of brothers [name_m]Rufus[/name_m] and [name_m]Orson[/name_m]? Expectations, impressions, imagery?
Also what would their sisters be called?
Thanks!

Both names weave a rather posh image in my head definately strong and free-spirited. Maybe because [name_m]Rufus[/name_m] reminds me of the ‘posh’ [name_m]Rupert[/name_m]?.. I especially like [name_m]Orson[/name_m] which could be literary but also hints to scandanavian sounding names.

I imagine their sisters to be called [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] and [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] when leaning towards the posh side OR [name_f]Nova[/name_f](just noticed it in your signature too!) and [name_f]Sonja[/name_f].

There are great names and go perfectly together ”

[name_m]Rufus[/name_m] does have a slight boho feel to it, I generally view it as a bit of a “shaggy” name meaning that I can’t imagine a blond, blue eyed kid with a comb over being called [name_m]Rufus[/name_m], I don’t view it as a dog’s name, however, a shaggy (not to be confused with dirty) brown dog would be a fitting image, if the owner resembles the dog.
However, there is also something rather classic and British about [name_m]Rufus[/name_m]. His sisters would be [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] and/or [name_f]Margot[/name_f].

[name_m]Orson[/name_m] has the similar shaggy vibe (due to the bear meaning) but it lacks the classic part. I still think it would fit with [name_m]Rufus[/name_m] and [name_f]Margot[/name_f], especially with [name_f]Margot[/name_f] as they are both “warm and comfortable” names to me.

[name_m]Rufus[/name_m] and [name_m]Orson[/name_m]: [name_m]Rufus[/name_m] easily rhymes with doofus and yes it automatically reminded me of a dog. I absolutely dislike this name.
[name_m]Orson[/name_m] is good though and unique, I like it.
So personally…Instead of [name_m]Rufus[/name_m] I’d go with something like [name_m]Russell[/name_m] or [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] if choosing an R name.
For sisters I’d go with something like [name_f]Cora[/name_f], [name_f]Annika[/name_f], or [name_f]Freya[/name_f] if your sticking with that indie vibe :slight_smile: