running out of time!

this holiday season as my husband and I made our way to numerous different family gatherings all the attention seemed to be on me and the two soon-to-be-born babies in my belly and of course their names. i was actually embarrassed at myself that the list of names my hubby and i had still consisted of about twenty plus for each gender, most of which were not too serious ” these kids will be here in march! i am very quickly running out of time, especially considering how fast these last six months went. excuse my rambling, but since then we”ve narrowed down the lists to consist of 3 boy options and 2 girl ones. I”m having a boy and a girl :slight_smile: as well i have another son, [name]Carter[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name] ” i would like the twins to have two middle names as well, which are for the most part family names.

i would love any help at all for narrowing down the lists even further and ultimately choosing a name ” you”re opinions/thoughts will be greatly appreciated! oh, our last name is [name]Prescott[/name] ” if that helps.

[name]Nolan[/name] [name]Philip[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Cormac[/name] [name]Nicolas[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Colin[/name] [name]Philip[/name] [name]George[/name]
&
[name]Madison[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] (what about [name]Madyson[/name]? is it too tacky?)
[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name]

one of my worries is the double ”c” with [name]Carter[/name] and [name]Colin[/name]/[name]Cormac[/name] ” i go back and forth with myself but my husband quite likes [name]Cormac[/name] and doesn”t seem to see the problem, so I don”t know if I”m just crazy. as well the middle names are not set in stone, those are the ones i want to use but in any combination really. any help is very appreciated! i”m starting to get frazzled :confused: haha ” and sorry for all the rambling!

Hey! Congrats on the twins!

Personally, I wouldn’t use another C name. [name]Cormac[/name] seems really similar to me not only because of the C beginning but the Car-[name]Cor[/name] start. I’m not a huge fan of [name]Nolan[/name] but it is kind of cute, it’s just not my still. [name]Nolan[/name] [name]Philip[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] is handsome, but my choice for your girl is [name]Amelia[/name] and I wouldn’t recommend using both [name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Alexandra[/name], even if it is just for middle names. [name]How[/name] about…

[name]Nolan[/name] [name]Philip[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Nolan[/name] [name]Philip[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name] (this is so cute!)
[name]Nolan[/name] [name]Philip[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Nolan[/name] [name]Cormac[/name] [name]James[/name]

For your girl I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name]. It is so classic and goes really nicely with [name]Prescott[/name]. This name is perfect! [name]Madison[/name] is too trendy, she would be one of like 6 Maddies in her class unfortunately. I do like [name]Madeleine[/name] though, but even the popularity of [name]Madeline[/name]/[name]Madelyn[/name] deters me from that too. Anyway, [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name] is amazing - please pick this! :slight_smile:

[name]Nolan[/name] [name]Philip[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] - YES
[name]Cormac[/name] [name]Nicolas[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] - love [name]Cormac[/name], but it is really similar to [name]Carter[/name]
[name]Colin[/name] [name]Philip[/name] [name]George[/name] - ok
&
[name]Madison[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] (what about [name]Madyson[/name]? is it too tacky?)
[name]Madison[/name] is no for me. And I dislike the other spelling even more. Sorry.
[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name] - YES

[name]Nolan[/name] [name]Philip[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name]
this is my choice (I think those two almost identical second middle names don’t mind)

I’m going to put in a vote for [name]Nolan[/name] and [name]Amelia[/name]! They are great names!

[name]Cormac[/name] [name]Philip[/name] [name]George[/name] and [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name] are my favorites (I took the middle names from [name]Colin[/name], but I prefer [name]Cormac[/name]). I agree that if it were me I’d rather not use another C name (or give both children C names), but [name]Cormac[/name] is such a great name.

Congrats on the twins, I have a boy and a girl who are twins, too! They’re so much fun! :slight_smile:

I’m not sure how to arrange the middle names but I’d definitely go with [name]Nolan[/name] and [name]Amelia[/name]. I wouldn’t personally do the double C thing and I also don’t particularly like the name [name]Madison[/name].

first of all thank you for replying! and the congradualtions, i must admit I”m a little nervous, my older brothers are twins and I can just imagine what it was like for my mother but nevertheless I am getting excited! and anxious :slight_smile:

it”s funny, I feel carter and cormac are quite close but still I don”t want to eliminate it completely, not yet. nolan is probably my favourite at the moment but I feel I will adjust his middle names ” especially since [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name] seems to be stealing the show here, but my husband is partial to [name]Cormac[/name] ” I might do some more looking around, see if we can settle on something we both love 100% (and I thought I was almost done!) anyways, thank you all for your opinions on them! very helpful so far, and if there”s any suggestions for other names feel free to shout them out! [name]Nolan[/name] is leading in my mind at the moment but I”m open-minded. Does changing the [name]Alexander[/name] to [name]Oliver[/name] flow the same? [name]Nolan[/name] [name]Philip[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Prescott[/name]. I think I like that, although I”m exhausted so I”ll come back to it after some sleep :slight_smile:

through these five comments or so I”ve really begun to fall in love with naming my baby girl [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name] ” it almost sounds royal to me, which I love. I won”t use [name]Alexander[/name] as a middle name if I am using [name]Alexandra[/name]. [name]Madison[/name] has remained on my list simply because it”s been the name I”ve had picked out since I was much younger. the popularity of it does irk me a bit and now that I think about it [name]Amelia[/name] really does seem like a more solid choice. wow, I think I”ve made a decision! god knows I change my mind every other day though, but I feel [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] has staying power.

again thank you all for your helpful input and i am still open to thoughts and comments!

[name]Hi[/name] there!

[name]Carter[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Prescott[/name] is a very dignified name with a fresh, modern feel. I love the double middle name combination - so handsome! [name]Carter[/name] is a modern occupational name with a (semi) unisex feel, so I think you should try and capture that with the names for your twins…

That being said, [name]Nolan[/name], [name]Cormac[/name], and [name]Colin[/name] don’t quite match the style of [name]Carter[/name] in my opinion, but [name]Nolan[/name] comes closest. I know you probably don’t want more suggestions, but [name]Pierce[/name], [name]Jordan[/name], [name]Logan[/name], and [name]Mason[/name] would be ideal with Mr. [name]Carter[/name]!

So, my pick for a boy from your list is [name]Nolan[/name] [name]Philip[/name] [name]George[/name] [name]Prescott[/name], but I’d also recommend:

[name]Logan[/name] [name]Philip[/name] [name]George[/name] [name]Prescott[/name]
[name]Mason[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] [name]George[/name] [name]Prescott[/name]
[name]Mason[/name] [name]Philip[/name] [name]George[/name] [name]Prescott[/name]

For a girl, I absolutely adore the name [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Prescott[/name], but its decidedly vintage feel seems off when paired with [name]Carter[/name]! I feel so awful even saying so, since the name is really beautiful. [name]Madison[/name], on the other hand, is quite trendy. You may also consider [name]Lily[/name], [name]Payton[/name], [name]Belle[/name] (or [name]Bella[/name], [name]Isabel[/name], or [name]Isabella[/name]), [name]Hayden[/name], [name]Reagan[/name] (though quite Presidential with [name]Carter[/name]), [name]Avery[/name], [name]Emerson[/name], or even [name]Rowan[/name]! You had [name]Olivia[/name] listed as a middle name, and I honestly love [name]Olivia[/name] as a sister for [name]Carter[/name], too!

So, though I would love to pick [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name] for your female twin, I just can’t. I’m going to mix things up and say that my pick from your list is [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Prescott[/name], but I might also recommend:

[name]Lily[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Prescott[/name]
[name]Payton[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Prescott[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Prescott[/name]
[name]Emerson[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Prescott[/name]
[name]Hayden[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Prescott[/name]

My favorites, from my own extra names, for your twins are:

[name]Logan[/name] [name]Philip[/name] [name]George[/name] and [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Prescott[/name]*
[name]Logan[/name] [name]Philip[/name] [name]George[/name] and [name]Payton[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Prescott[/name]
[name]Mason[/name] [name]Philip[/name] [name]George[/name] and [name]Lily[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Prescott[/name]*

Best of luck in naming your babies! :slight_smile:

Have you thought about [name]Nash[/name] I think it would go really well with [name]Carter[/name]?

[name]Nash[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Philip[/name] [name]Prescott[/name] sounds good, doesn’t it?

[name]Nolan[/name] [name]Philip[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] I am not fond of names that have No or Nay, eg [name]Noah[/name], [name]Naomi[/name].

[name]Cormac[/name] [name]Nicolas[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] While [name]Cormac[/name] is a handsome name I don’t think that [name]Cormac[/name] and [name]Carter[/name] sound quite right as a sibset.

[name]Colin[/name] [name]Philip[/name] [name]George[/name] Now you will have to forgive me because I think [name]Colin[/name] is one of the nerdiest names around. If you were keen on [name]Cameron[/name] [name]Philip[/name] [name]George[/name] I would give you high fives and it is great to see [name]Philip[/name] being used again.

[name]Madison[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] Oh, my dear please don’t put [name]Madison[/name] in the first name spot. I think it has possibilities as a middle name so that it can be used as a double barrelled surname if the child so wishes.

[name]Olivia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Madison[/name] [name]Prescott[/name] sounds lovely, Ms [name]Madison[/name]-[name]Prescott[/name].

[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name] All lovely names, very popular and like the nn of [name]Mia[/name], [name]Mel[/name], [name]Leah[/name] also but the flow of the three names is not quite there.

To sum up I would like to see [name]Cameron[/name] or [name]Nash[/name] in the first name spot for a son although I am not in favour of siblings sharing the same letter of the alphabet esp the same sex as it will have problems at a later date when letters etc are addressed to Mr C [name]Prescott[/name].

[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] in another combo

[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Lucinda[/name] [name]Grace[/name] or [name]Lucinda[/name] nn [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Grace[/name]

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Nolan[/name] [name]Philip[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Prescott[/name]. Beautiful, beautiful names!!

I would hands down choose [name]Nolan[/name] and [name]Amelia[/name]. Gorgeous! Personally, I think they match well with [name]Carter[/name]. I would try to avoid another C name just to help with confusion. My mom mixes up me and my sister ALL the time and we don’t even have the same first letter. I’m and E and she’s an A.

My 6-year-old’s son’s name is [name]Cormac[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]. I guess I’m partial to this name…it’s not common in the U.S., but it’s strong. Good luck.

I agree with the double ‘C’. I have a rule that i dont want to duplicte initials with my children(and with us if possible) so i think its convenient that i prefer [name]Nolan[/name] by far to the C choices.

My fave girl is [name]Madison[/name], though not with [name]Nolan[/name] (both ending in an ‘n’) so woud go for the equally lovely [name]Amelia[/name] x

I dont think you can go wrong with [name]Nolan[/name] and [name]Amelia[/name]. Beautiful!!
Congrats and good luck (:

I’m just commenting again to say that I actually do think [name]Nolan[/name] and [name]Carter[/name] go together. [name]Carter[/name] is a little trendier but has a clean, fresh look like [name]Nolan[/name] does. And the classic [name]Amelia[/name] goes well too. [name]Just[/name] because one child has a kind of trendy/popular name doesn’t mean that all the childred thereafter have to follow the same pattern. I think if cbean did pick equally trendy names it would be too matchy/theme-y but going with different, maybe more classic, names, sounds fresh and interesting, in my opinion.