Russell

WDYT of this name?

Seems sort of 70’s-ish to me…I think because all the [name]Russell[/name]'s I know are in their 30’s.

I really like it! It’s probably not a name I’d use, if only because there are other names I love more. But, I’d love to see others use it; I think it’s a great underused name, decidedly masculine but with an appealing softness. You can’t be a bad guy with a name like [name]Russell[/name].

Kind of boring, but okay. I prefer [name]Rory[/name].

I love [name]Russell[/name]. When I was little I had friends that were a set of boy/girl twins. Their names were [name]Laura[/name] and [name]Russell[/name]. Then their mom had another set of twins named [name]Matthew[/name] and [name]Katherine[/name]. [name]Russell[/name] was such a nice boy.

I’m for it. Very mid-century, and I mean that in a good way.

I was just thinking about his name the other day, and how no one uses it anymore. Nice to see someone considering it. I think [name]Russ[/name] or [name]Rusty[/name] is a cute nn for [name]Russell[/name], which I admit could feel a bit heavy for a toddler.

I’m glad that the majority seems to like it! It’s a family surname and just recently I thought that it could be cool to use as a fn some day.

I think it’s a very fine name!

I like [name]Russell[/name] a lot. My boss had a son last summer and named him [name]Russell[/name] [name]William[/name].

Not my favourite but it’s a nice name, and not as popular anymore so it would be nice to see it around some more :slight_smile: