Ruth

What do you think of [name]Ruth[/name]? What general thoughts/impressions do you get from the name? I strongly considered Ruth for my main character (Esther won), and now I like the name so much I’m considering adding it to my own list.

I really like [name]Ruth[/name]. Simple, sweet, so old it’s new, easily pronounced, not strange, no raised eyebrows when you say the name, clearly feminine…lol I guess you see what I look for in names. I would use it myself, but in Spanish it sounds like “root”. Not so pretty.

I really like this name for a girl. It’s one of my better-named Great Grandma’s name. I like short, strong names for girls. I think they are spunky.

And, the nickname [name]Ruthie[/name] for when she’s little is adorable.

I have never cared for the name [name]Ruth[/name] personally, but is a nice name. Definitely short and sweet. I do really like [name]Ruth[/name] from the Bible in the Old Testament, so that makes me think of the name in a more positive light. My mother in law is [name]Ruth[/name] and she is a really sweet lady so I have a good association with it too. I think it is a strong name.

I adore the name. It’s the name I gave my daughter, who I named after my mom, who was in turn named after her mother. So I tend to associate the name with some very strong, brave, and good-hearted women I knew. There’s also the Biblical association, which I don’t mind at all, [name]Ruth[/name] was one of the characters I admired. There’s also [name]Ruth[/name] [name]Hale[/name], the founder of the [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Stone[/name] League, a womens right’s group back in the 1920’s.

I consider it to be a under used classic type name, it’s short and sweet, it’s easy to spell and pronounce. It’s also one of those names you can grow with, [name]Ruthie[/name] is an adorable nickname for a young child and when she get’s older she has a name that sounds mature.

I love [name]Ruth[/name]!!! I think it is such an underused beauty! I think [name]Ruthie[/name] is so adorable for when she is little :slight_smile:

My grandmother was [name]Frances[/name] [name]Ruth[/name], my sister is [name]Emily[/name] [name]Ruth[/name], and I’m seriously considering it for my list, too! I think [name]Ruthie[/name] is super-cute (makes me think of [name]Ruthie[/name] [name]Camden[/name] from the “7th [name]Heaven[/name]” TV show), and [name]Ruth[/name] is still a mature name for a grown woman.

[name]LOVE[/name]!!!

I love [name]Ruth[/name]/ruthie! A strong, feminine name.

I imagine an older woman.

I’ve been liking this name more lately. I love [name]Esther[/name], too, and I think [name]Esther[/name] and [name]Ruth[/name] would make a great sibset. Anyways, [name]Ruth[/name] has the nickname [name]Rue[/name], which is always awesome.
[name]Ruth[/name] is a classic, studious name that would age well.

I think of 7th [name]Heaven[/name] when I hear it, too! To be honest, [name]Ruth[/name] has never been one of my favorite names. To me, it sounds like stuffy and overbearing middle-aged women. I think I like it better as a middle name. It would make a nice alternative to [name]Grace[/name], [name]Lynn[/name], [name]Leigh[/name], and [name]Rose[/name].