Ruthea

Growing up I knew a lady named Ruthea and I’ve never seen the name again. I was just thinking of her and how the name Ruthea isn’t so far out. It’s [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] and [name_f]Thea[/name_f] together and I kinda like it. What do you think of it as a name? [name_m]Can[/name_m] you see a little girl with that name? Maybe [name_u]Rue[/name_u] or [name_f]Ruthie[/name_f] as a nick name?

In my head, I pronounced it “[name_f]Ruthie[/name_f]” when I saw the title of this post, and I think most people would pronounce it that way, too (kind of like [name_u]Chelsea[/name_u]). I think it is pretty, but I think people might pronounce it wrong when they first see it.

I quite like it! Pronunciation may trip people up sometimes, but my first instinct was [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] + [name_f]Thea[/name_f], how you described. It’s unusual but not outlandish by any means. I think it would wear well.

2 Likes

Oh my goodness! I love it! I’ve always loved [name_f]Ruthie[/name_f] as a nn, but never fell in love with [name_f]Ruth[/name_f], so this is a great alternative! I’ll definitely have to ponder over Ruthea! It’s so beautiful!

1 Like

I’ve been crushing on [name_f]Ruthie[/name_f] recently so I like this more than [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]! I’d say it ROO-thee-uh. Honestly, simply saying it [name_f]Ruthie[/name_f] wouldn’t even occur to me although I guess I see the similarity to [name_u]Chelsea[/name_u].

1 Like

I like it if it’s pronounced like [name_u]Rue[/name_u]-thay-uh and not [name_u]Rue[/name_u]-thee-uh. Overall though I do prefer [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]/[name_f]Ruthie[/name_f].

Ruthea is interesting -i quite enjoy the sounds

I think it’s a bit clunky and odd. Perhaps [name_f]Thea[/name_f] is a good alternative? I also think [name_f]Ruthie[/name_f] is very cute as a name in its own right.

1 Like

I really like the name! It is a good alternative to [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] and [name_f]Thea[/name_f].
People may have problems pronouncing it, though.
Nicknames could be [name_f]Ruth[/name_f], [name_f]Ruthie[/name_f] or [name_f]Thea[/name_f].

I love [name_u]Rue[/name_u] and [name_f]Ruthie[/name_f] is cute but I think I would just make one of those the actual name. Ruthea has an almost regal feel that I can appreciate but I also think it’s kind of cumbersome and almost hard to say.