Ruthie or Helen?

Which would you choose with older sisters [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Annie[/name]? Thanks!

I prefer [name]Ruth[/name] over [name]Helen[/name], but not [name]Ruthie[/name]. Either [name]Ruth[/name] or [name]Helen[/name] would be great with [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Annie[/name].

I would choose [name]Ruth[/name] not [name]Ruthie[/name]. [name]Ruthie[/name] is sweet on a little girl but I feel it wouldn’t age well. [name]Helen[/name] is a lovely name.

I like [name]Ruth[/name] more, but if I had to choose between [name]Helen[/name] and [name]Ruthie[/name] I’d prefer [name]Helen[/name]. They both go well with [name]Annie[/name] and [name]Violet[/name].

[name]Helen[/name] since [name]Ruthie[/name] and [name]Annie[/name] would be matchy and [name]Violet[/name] would be the odd one out.
I prefer [name]Helena[/name], but [name]Helen[/name] could be called [name]Nell[/name]. [name]Nell[/name] is cute. [name]Helen[/name] sounds a bit harsh.
I am not a fan of [name]Ruthie[/name]. Especially on it’s own. At least call her [name]Ruth[/name] or [name]Ruthanne[/name]. [name]Ruth[/name] is also harsh sounding though…and I guess you can’t use [name]Ruthanne[/name] since you already have an [name]Annie[/name].
[name]Just[/name] curious - are you in the UK? They love names that end in “ie”. :slight_smile:

I think [name]Ruthie[/name]/[name]Ruth[/name] or [name]Helen[/name] would work well with your other children, but I prefer [name]Ruth[/name]/[name]Ruthie[/name].

[name]Will[/name] [name]Ruthie[/name]'s real name be [name]Ruth[/name]? If so, I choose [name]Ruth[/name].

I’d vote for [name]Helen[/name].

My Auntie is a [name]Ruth[/name] who gets called [name]Ruthie[/name] as a nickname :slight_smile: I think [name]Helen[/name] works better with [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Annie[/name] though.

[name]Helen[/name] gets my vote (it’s one of those old-fashioned names that has yet to see a revival that I like). If [name]Ruth[/name] would be her full name with [name]Ruthie[/name] it would be a close second.

I should have clarified that [name]Ruth[/name] would indeed be the full name. Our [name]Annie[/name] is actually an [name]Anne[/name] but rarely is called that, though I like that she has a formal name. I do worry that [name]Annie[/name] and [name]Ruthie[/name] would be a bit matchy.

I vote for [name]Ruth[/name] nn [name]Ruthie[/name]!

[name]Ruth[/name]. [name]Ruthie[/name]. [name]Both[/name] lovely.

If you’re worried that [name]Ruthie[/name] and [name]Annie[/name] are too matchy, you could always call her [name]Rue[/name] :slight_smile:

Either works really. [name]Helen[/name] a little more but I prefer the name [name]Ruthie[/name] in general

Definitely [name]Helen[/name]!

I adore [name]Helen[/name] thanks to [name]Helen[/name] of [name]Troy[/name] and [name]Helen[/name] Keller. I have it and [name]Helena[/name] on my middle names list. [name]Ruthie[/name] is too cutesy and [name]Ruth[/name] reminds me of Ruthless.

[name]Helen[/name]! Timeless classic with beautiful imagery. Goes best with the soft and feminine names [name]Annie[/name] and [name]Violet[/name].

I’m the reverse of most people, [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Ruthie[/name], HATE [name]Ruth[/name]. [name]Helen[/name] is okay, but not great.

My vote is for [name]Ruthie[/name]!!!

[name]Ruthie[/name] is lovely

[name]Ruth[/name] nn [name]Ruth[/name], though [name]Helen[/name] is quite spunky and I do like the nn [name]Nell[/name].