Ryan or Soren?

What is your vote?

[name_u]Ryan[/name_u]! It has a soft, classic, handsome feel, but it isn’t overused! [name_m]Soren[/name_m] makes me think of the words “sore” and “soaring”

1 Like

Soren. [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] sounds more like a parent or uncle age to me.

1 Like

Soren. Interesting, uncommon and strong.

2 Likes

Soren! So handsome and sweet. [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] seems a bit dated and overused.

3 Likes

Ryan !

Ryan or perhaps [name_u]Rylan[/name_u].

I prefer [name_m]Soren[/name_m], but [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] is also nice. [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] feels a bit dated.

Thank you. So glad I’m not the only one!

I definitely vote [name_u]Ryan[/name_u], too. It’s a little dated, but it has a much more appealing sound, imo, and feels quite like a modern classic.

1 Like

I prefer [name_m]Soren[/name_m]. I know way to many [name_u]Ryan[/name_u]/Rylans to ever use it.

1 Like

I personally LOVE [name_m]Soren[/name_m]! [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] is also a good, classic choice, but [name_m]Soren[/name_m] is just a little more uncommon and interesting to me.

1 Like

Soren! So handsome sounding. I’ve known so many Ryans but only one [name_m]Soren[/name_m] so I love how its unique.

1 Like

Much prefer the soft but distinctive [name_m]Soren[/name_m]

1 Like

Soren. I know a LOT of Ryans.

1 Like

100% [name_m]Soren[/name_m] - it’s so soft and magical sounding, but still masculine. :blush: [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] is very 90’s vibes to me and also quite common.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for your feedback. I am Worried that [name_m]Soren[/name_m] might be too uncommon and my kid might have to spell or explain his name often. What are your thoughts on this? Or you think is nog that uncommon? It is currently ranked as 559 in the US popularity chart.

Also could you explain why it sounds magical to you? [name_f]English[/name_f] is my third language so I am not sure how the name sounds to native [name_f]English[/name_f] speakers.
Thanks so much

1 Like

I think [name_m]Soren[/name_m] definitely fits with the 2010s vibe. I’ve heard of many more “uncommon” names of young kids lately, or older names like [name_m]Henry[/name_m] on little kids.

1 Like

I don’t find [name_m]Soren[/name_m] unfamiliar or difficult to spell at all. I think it’s uncommon, but not in a bad way. It’s not so uncommon that it’s “out there”, if that makes sense. It’s also easy to pronounce, so even if someone is unfamiliar with it, they should still be able to say it without much problem.

Because of its roots, it makes me think of Norse mythology and the like. That’s why I think of it as a magical name. For me, [name_m]Soren[/name_m] has a similar vibe [name_f]Freya[/name_f].

1 Like

It has a Scandanavian or Norwegian vibe if that’s what you’re aiming for.

I love both!!! We especially love [name_m]Soren[/name_m], my only hesitation in using it someday is it means “sober” and that’s not my favorite definition to give a newborn. But I still love the sound!!

1 Like