Ryann & Darcy

our little girls due in january finally have names…
i don’t remember if i posted this before… so i’m sorry if i have… but there was a lot of discussion even after we picked… and we let our family influence us for a little while… but in the end stuck with our favorites… our twins will be named::

[name]Caoimhe[/name] [name]Ryann[/name] & Aibhlinn [name]Darcy[/name]

since the first names are very traditionally irish and most people won’t be able to pronounce them… we’ve decided that we’re going to call them by their middle names::
so in a couple of months we’ll welcome little [name]Ryann[/name] and [name]Darcy[/name]…
i’m sooo excited!!

Congratulations on finding the perfect names for your daughters…[name]HOW[/name] do you pronounce Aibhlinn? I love Irish names but haven’t seen this one.

it’s prn [name]Ave[/name]-linn!!

I love [name]Ryann[/name] and [name]Darcy[/name]! That’s a good idea about using middle names to avoid pronunciation difficulties, actually how do you pronounce your first daughter’s first name, the one starting with ‘C’?

[name]Caoimhe[/name] is pronounced “KEE-vah”, or occasionally, “KWEE-vah”

calisse: [name]Just[/name] wanted to say how beautiful your daughters’ names are - first and middle! You definitely made some fantastic choices, and knowing how meaningful they are to both you and your husband makes it all the better!

We’re still waiting on our wee Irish girl - we’re 3 days overdue! So the name won’t be decided until she makes her appearance.

Best of luck to you in welcoming your girls!

Great choices! Thanks for letting us know - I remember the posts where you were deciding but I don’t know if I heard the result. I love both [name]Caoimhe[/name] and Aibhlinn, separately and as twin sisters!
Congrats!

Thanks everyone… i’m very excited about their names…
i think they’re really exotic sounding.
for a while there i almost let my family talk me out of it because they’re so unusal… but i’m glad i stuck to my guns… because i [name]LOVE[/name] these names so much…
i just keep saying them over and over…
does anyone else do that once they’ve picked?