Ryeland James and Elliston John

I met twin boys who were born today named Ryeland and Elliston. Mom and Dad picked their names from the [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] [name_m]Gaines[/name_m] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] line of linens!! They intend to call the boys [name_m]Rye[/name_m] and [name_u]Ellis[/name_u]. You just never know where name inspiration will strike!
Any other unusual methods to name selection out there?

These are cool! I’ve never thought of spelling Ryeland like that (though I have toyed with the idea of [name_m]Ryland[/name_m] before) and I think Elliston is super cute (it’s a street name in my home city).

I personally like to think of my hometown/city, places we’ve lived, or places we’ve visited to draw inspiration. For instance, being originally from Nashville, I think of names that remind me of there without being super literal like: [name_m]Davidson[/name_m] (the county that Nashville sits in), Elliston (street name), [name_m]Weston[/name_m] (like [name_u]West[/name_u] End), or any of the classic country star names like [name_m]Cash[/name_m], [name_m]Jennings[/name_m], [name_f]Minnie[/name_f], [name_f]Dolly[/name_f], [name_u]Carter[/name_u], etc.

We also recently visited [name_u]Denver[/name_u] and loved the outdoorsy-ness of the city, so now we’re sort of throwing around the ideas of mountain/forest/outdoorsy names like [name_u]Cedar[/name_u], [name_u]Everett[/name_u], etc. Or, after visiting [name_m]New[/name_m] [name_m]York[/name_m], I think about names like [name_u]Madison[/name_u], [name_u]Ellis[/name_u], [name_m]Park[/name_m], etc.

I love drawing on our travels or residences to find names that remind us of some of our favorite times!