S.G.

Not pregnant yet, but hoping to get pregnant with baby #2 soon and I’m just thinking ahead. We struggle with agreeing on girls names (boy name has been set in stone for years). Our first is [name_f]Olivia[/name_f].

My grandfather and I were super close, and he never got to meet his great-grandchild. His name was [name_u]Sam[/name_u] [name_m]George[/name_m] and I was thinking of using his initials S.G. as a way of honoring him with #2. [name_f]Samantha[/name_f] is out for us and while we like [name_f]Georgia[/name_f], I can’t think of any good nicknames for it (although open to it as a middle). [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] was previously on our list, and we also liked [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] and [name_f]Stella[/name_f]. Any suggestions for an S.G. name?

More S names you might like: [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f], [name_f]Sadie[/name_f], [name_f]Savannah[/name_f], [name_f]Selena[/name_f], [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f], [name_f]Serena[/name_f], [name_f]Shauna[/name_f], [name_f]Shayla[/name_f], [name_u]Sierra[/name_u], Sienne, [name_u]Simone[/name_u], [name_f]Sonia[/name_f]/[name_f]Sonya[/name_f], [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]/[name_f]Sophia[/name_f], [name_f]Starla[/name_f], [name_f]Summer[/name_f], [name_f]Susannah[/name_f], [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f], Scheana, [name_f]Selah[/name_f], [name_f]Sarah[/name_f], [name_f]Shira[/name_f].

If you don’t like [name_u]Georgie[/name_u], I love [name_f]Gia[/name_f] or [name_f]Gigi[/name_f] as a NN for [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]! There’s also [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] or [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f].

More G names you migh tlike: [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f]/[name_f]Gabriella[/name_f], [name_f]Garnet[/name_f], [name_f]Gemma[/name_f], [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], [name_f]Giselle[/name_f], [name_f]Glory[/name_f], [name_f]Gloria[/name_f], [name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_f]Gracelyn[/name_f], [name_f]Greta[/name_f], [name_f]Giuliana[/name_f], [name_f]Giulia[/name_f], [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f], [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f], [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f], Gineva, [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f], [name_f]Glenna[/name_f]

A few combo ideas: [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_f]Garnet[/name_f], [name_f]Serena[/name_f] [name_f]Giselle[/name_f], [name_u]Sierra[/name_u] [name_f]Gretchen[/name_f], [name_f]Sonya[/name_f] [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f], [name_u]Simone[/name_u] [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f], [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f], [name_f]Summer[/name_f] [name_f]Georgina[/name_f], [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f].

[name_u]Sierra[/name_u]
[name_f]Sadie[/name_f]
[name_u]Sydney[/name_u]
[name_u]Simone[/name_u]
[name_f]Sarah[/name_f]
[name_f]Serena[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_u]Sasha[/name_u]
[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]
[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]/[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]; [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] & [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
[name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]; [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] & [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f]
[name_f]Serena[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]; [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] & [name_f]Serena[/name_f]
[name_f]Sybil[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]; [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] & [name_f]Sybil[/name_f]

[name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] would be really nice for a baby girl middle name in this case!

[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] & [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] are lovely ~

[name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_u]Sailor[/name_u]
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]

[name_u]Gael[/name_u]
[name_f]Gaia[/name_f]
[name_f]Galilea[/name_f]
[name_f]Garland[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]
[name_f]Ginevra[/name_f]
[name_f]Giselle[/name_f]
[name_f]Greer[/name_f]

I think it’s a lovely idea to honour your grandpa with an S. G. name. [name_f]Sienna[/name_f], [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] and [name_f]Stella[/name_f] all work well with [name_f]Olivia[/name_f].
If you want something closer to [name_u]Sam[/name_u] (if, for instance, you can’t find a ‘G’ name you like for the middle spot), these might work as firsts or middles:
[name_f]Samara[/name_f]
[name_f]Samira[/name_f]/Sameera
[name_f]Samaria[/name_f]
[name_f]Sonoma[/name_f]
[name_f]Salome[/name_f]/[name_f]Salomea[/name_f]

Some of those might be more appropriate for you than others, depending on your heritage, religion, etc.
I think [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Samara[/name_f] make a nice set. [name_f]Samara[/name_f] [name_f]Giselle[/name_f], [name_f]Samara[/name_f] [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] or [name_f]Samara[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f], perhaps. [name_f]Samara[/name_f], [name_f]Sameria[/name_f] and [name_f]Sonoma[/name_f] are also place names, which might appeal if you like [name_f]Sienna[/name_f].
[name_f]Salome[/name_f] or [name_f]Salomea[/name_f] means ‘peace’, which also complements [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] sweetly. [name_f]Samira[/name_f]/Sameera is also lovely, especially if you have an Arabic or [name_f]Indian[/name_f] connection.

[name_f]Samara[/name_f] [name_f]Georgette[/name_f] is pretty and goes with [name_f]Olivia[/name_f].
[name_f]Samara[/name_f] because you reject [name_f]Samantha[/name_f], the obvious “[name_u]Sam[/name_u]” choice. :slight_smile:
And [name_f]Georgette[/name_f] because you do like [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f].

[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and…

[name_f]Sarah[/name_f]
[name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] / [name_f]Sabina[/name_f] / [name_f]Serena[/name_f] / [name_f]Selena[/name_f]
[name_f]Susanne[/name_f] / [name_f]Susanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Stephanie[/name_f]
[name_u]Sasha[/name_u]
[name_f]Sonia[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] / [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f]
Semira / [name_f]Semara[/name_f]
[name_f]Sybil[/name_f] / [name_f]Sybilla[/name_f]
[name_f]Sheila[/name_f]
[name_f]Savanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Sandra[/name_f]

[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] / [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] / [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] / [name_f]Georgianne[/name_f]
[name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f] / [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] / [name_f]Gwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Gayle[/name_f]
[name_f]Giselle[/name_f]
[name_f]Gia[/name_f]

[name_f]Serene[/name_f]/ [name_f]Serena[/name_f]
[name_f]Selene[/name_f]/ [name_f]Selena[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]

I love the name [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
And the nicknames that are for girls and boys
[name_m]George[/name_m]
[name_u]Georgie[/name_u]
[name_f]Gigi[/name_f]

If you want it as a middle name then I’ll suggest a few below that include

[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] - my favorite

I love [name_f]Sarah[/name_f], [name_f]Sadie[/name_f], [name_f]Susannah[/name_f], and [name_m]Soren[/name_m] as other suggestions too!

[name_m]Don[/name_m]'t use the name [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], its plain and the best way to pronounce it is sel-vee-ah anyways.

[name_f]Sienna[/name_f] is number one on my own list! :slight_smile:

[name_f]Saskia[/name_f] is another S name I’m crushing on lately.

For G names, I like [name_f]Georgina[/name_f], [name_f]Grace[/name_f], and [name_f]Gemma[/name_f].

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]