Sabina vs. Sybina and nicknames?

Wdyt about sp?nn?
I like Sybina only for the sake of the nn Sybbi.
What nn suggestions do you have for [name]Sabina[/name]?
Usually I abhor yooneek/trndy spelling but I can’t come up with a nn I like for [name]Sabina[/name].

I would spell it [name]Sabina[/name] anyway. [name]Daisy[/name] is a nickname for [name]Margaret[/name]- I think it’s okay if a [name]Sabina[/name] is called Sybbi (or Sibbi). There’s also [name]Bibi[/name], [name]Bina[/name], [name]Sina[/name], [name]Nina[/name], or [name]Sana[/name] (the last two are a bit of a stretch, but I don’t think it’s too bad.)
Either way it’s an absolutely stunning name!

Thanks for the input. I’m writing a short story/children’s book for my son and like the name [name]Sabina[/name] for the main character.

(If my son born 8/29 had been a girl I’d have used [name]Sabina[/name] [name]Lucienne[/name]-[name]Claire[/name]. [name]Hope[/name] the next one is a girl!)

[name]Sabina[/name] has been my favorite for years. To me it is classy, but uncommon and beautiful and fitting for a witty, pretty woman :slight_smile:

[name]Sabina[/name], definitely. You said you abhor tryndeigh spellings, but Sybina is as bad as any of them out there. A [name]Sabina[/name] can be called [name]Sibby[/name], no problem-- especially if it’s a character. And it could definitely work in real life, too… [name]Sabina[/name] [name]Lucienne[/name] [name]Claire[/name] is lovely!

I think you could call [name]Sabina[/name], Sybbi. Sometimes nicknames have nothing to do with the child’s actual name. I have a cousin who goes by KayKay even though her name is [name]Caroline[/name]. Maybe people call her Sybbi because that was her childhood nickname…?

I love my little boy ([name]James[/name] [name]Hamilton[/name] [name]Nyx[/name]), don’t get me wrong, but the Dr. Was 80% sure at 22 weeks that it was a girl, so I got all set for [name]Sabina[/name]. At 27 weeks it was undeniably a boy, and instantly became [name]James[/name]. So, while she’s a character, she will also someday be his sibling in real life :slight_smile: I guess it is better to go with [name]Sabina[/name] and use nn Sibbi/Sybbi. My husband insists on calling [name]James[/name] by nn [name]Jimmie[/name] after his grandad…[name]Jimmie[/name] and Sibbi…odd but cute?