Sacha

I made a post yesterday seeking masculine forms of [name_f]Sandra[/name_f] to honor my mother who is suddenly battling cancer. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I have fallen in love with [name_u]Sacha[/name_u].

We were set on [name_u]Ocean[/name_u] as a first name so now we are considering:

[name_u]Ocean[/name_u] [name_u]Sacha[/name_u]
But we are also mulling over the idea of using [name_u]Sacha[/name_u] as a first name now.

[name_u]Sacha[/name_u] [name_u]Ocean[/name_u] maybe?

Anyways, I would love to hear some suggestions for middles just in case we decide to go with [name_u]Sacha[/name_u] after all.

We like nature inspired “hippie” sounding names but it’s not a requirement.

5 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear about your mom. I think [name_u]Sacha[/name_u] is a beautiful way to honor her! I really love [name_u]Sacha[/name_u] [name_u]Ocean[/name_u]- it’s so unique and handsome. A few other middle ideas, although [name_u]Sacha[/name_u] [name_u]Ocean[/name_u] is my favorite!..
[name_f]Fern[/name_f]
[name_u]Gray[/name_u]/Grey
[name_m]Ferris[/name_m]
[name_u]Kai[/name_u]/Cai
[name_u]River[/name_u]
[name_u]Brook[/name_u]
[name_m]Moss[/name_m]
[name_u]Harlow[/name_u]
[name_m]Leander[/name_m]
[name_u]Teagan[/name_u]
[name_f]Moon[/name_f]
[name_u]Corbin[/name_u]

2 Likes

Thank you, really appreciate the suggestions! :orange_heart:

1 Like

I have to say that I love [name_u]Ocean[/name_u] [name_u]Sacha[/name_u] when written out better, but when saying it out loud, [name_u]Sacha[/name_u] [name_u]Ocean[/name_u] flows better (pardon the pun). Might I suggest going with [name_u]Sacha[/name_u] [name_u]Ocean[/name_u] and call him by his mn? Either way you go, it will be a great tribute to your mom.

[name_u]Sacha[/name_u] [name_u]Ocean[/name_u] is wonderful :heart:

[name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], and sometimes I get called [name_u]Sasha[/name_u]. Both spellings are great!

[name_u]Sacha[/name_u] [name_u]Forest[/name_u] (love this)
[name_u]Sacha[/name_u] [name_u]Lark[/name_u]
[name_u]Sacha[/name_u] [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u] (if you like alliteration)
[name_u]Sacha[/name_u] [name_u]Aspen[/name_u]
[name_u]Sacha[/name_u] [name_u]Rivers[/name_u]

[name_u]Sacha[/name_u] [name_u]Ocean[/name_u] is really nice, very handsome! I definitely think this order flows a little better than [name_u]Ocean[/name_u] [name_u]Sacha[/name_u]. Here’s some more “nature inspired” names for you, I hope you like them!

[name_u]Bay[/name_u]
[name_u]Cove[/name_u]
[name_u]Skye[/name_u]
[name_m]Reef[/name_m]
[name_m]Tide[/name_m]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_m]Elwood[/name_m]
[name_m]Forrest[/name_m]
[name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m]
[name_u]Wilder[/name_u]
[name_u]Harvest[/name_u]
[name_u]Pine[/name_u]

2 Likes

I have a daughter named [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u] :slight_smile: [name_f]May[/name_f] I ask if you mind being called [name_u]Sasha[/name_u]? [name_f]My[/name_f] father is afraid it sounds inherently feminine and is pressuring me not to use it.

Not too feminine at all! I mostly use nn [name_m]Al[/name_m], but I confess I love [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] more.

1 Like

I’m so sorry about your mom.
[name_u]Sacha[/name_u] is so handsome! I think [name_u]Sacha[/name_u] [name_u]Ocean[/name_u] flows slightly better, but I see you have a daughter named [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u] (which I love so much by the way!). While they both go nicely, I really love [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u] and [name_u]Ocean[/name_u] as a sibset! You can’t go wrong either way though!

(also, [name_u]Sacha[/name_u] feels strong and brave to me, not too feminine at all)

2 Likes

Not the poster you directed the question to, but I have known 2 Saschas (both with different spellings) in my life. The one I knew when I was young (elementary school) was female, and I had to look at a yearbook to remember her. As for the other, they are a male who I remember as a fond friend from my time in university, and still connect online here and there. I always think of the male [name_u]Sascha[/name_u] when the name comes up. To me it is more so a male name than a female name.

Sacha or [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] are lovely names. I find [name_u]Ocean[/name_u] [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] flows more nicely but I can understand why you might prefer [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] as a fn given the honoring to your mom. Other suggestions for combinations including some repeats of those suggested so far which I also liked.

Sasha [name_u]Brook[/name_u]
[name_u]Sasha[/name_u] [name_u]Skye[/name_u]
[name_u]Sasha[/name_u] [name_u]Lake[/name_u]
[name_u]Sasha[/name_u] [name_u]Bay[/name_u]
[name_u]Sasha[/name_u] [name_u]Cove[/name_u]
[name_u]Sasha[/name_u] [name_u]Lee[/name_u]
[name_u]Sasha[/name_u] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_u]Sasha[/name_u] [name_m]Bear[/name_m]
[name_u]Sasha[/name_u] [name_u]Wolf[/name_u]
[name_u]Sasha[/name_u] [name_u]Fox[/name_u]

Ocean [name_u]Sacha[/name_u] is stunning

1 Like

I’m so sorry about your mum.
I think [name_u]Sacha[/name_u] [name_u]Ocean[/name_u] looks and flows better than the other way around. It’s very handsome!

I love [name_u]Sacha[/name_u] [name_u]Ocean[/name_u]. I don’t love [name_u]Ocean[/name_u] as a fn though. I also love the [name_u]Sascha[/name_u] spelling for a boy but [name_u]Sacha[/name_u] is also very nice.

Sacha [name_u]Rain[/name_u]
[name_u]Sacha[/name_u] [name_u]Bay[/name_u]
[name_u]Sacha[/name_u] [name_u]Orion[/name_u]
[name_u]Sacha[/name_u] [name_u]Sonny[/name_u]
[name_u]Sacha[/name_u] [name_f]Moon[/name_f]
[name_u]Sacha[/name_u] [name_u]Kai[/name_u]
[name_u]Sacha[/name_u] [name_u]Calloway[/name_u]
[name_u]Sacha[/name_u] [name_u]Robin[/name_u]
[name_u]Sacha[/name_u] [name_u]Larkin[/name_u]
[name_u]Sacha[/name_u] Rhode
[name_u]Sacha[/name_u] [name_u]River[/name_u]
[name_u]Sacha[/name_u] [name_u]Jordan[/name_u]
[name_u]Sacha[/name_u] [name_u]Cove[/name_u]
[name_u]Sacha[/name_u] [name_u]Onyx[/name_u]
[name_u]Sacha[/name_u] [name_u]Rory[/name_u]
[name_u]Sacha[/name_u] [name_u]Lake[/name_u]
[name_u]Sacha[/name_u] [name_u]Fjord[/name_u]
[name_u]Sacha[/name_u] [name_u]East[/name_u]
[name_u]Sacha[/name_u] [name_m]Wesley[/name_m]
[name_u]Sacha[/name_u] [name_u]Harvest[/name_u]
[name_u]Sacha[/name_u] [name_f]Callisto[/name_f]

I always thought [name_u]Sascha[/name_u] had a feminine sound, but it’s actually a very common Russian nickname for [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]/Alex.

I like the [name_u]Sascha[/name_u] spelling more, and [name_u]Sacha[/name_u] [name_u]Ocean[/name_u] does flow better than the other way around.

The suggestion of [name_u]Sacha[/name_u] [name_u]Robin[/name_u] is excellent.

Sascha on its own seems feminine to me, but I still would not bat an eye upon learning of a male [name_u]Sascha[/name_u], since it’s a common nickname. It’s very handsome.

Here’s a suggestion, for what it’s worth:
Aleksandar- the Sand part honors your mom, and then you have the option of [name_u]Sascha[/name_u] as a natural nickname, which also honors her. That spelling seems kind of edgy to me (unless you’re Serbian, of course), without being weird.

1 Like

On the whole it is a beautiful name but it does come across as very feminine to me. [name_u]Sacha[/name_u] is a fairly common nickname for [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]. I wonder if you would Consider [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Ocean[/name_u] nn [name_u]Sacha[/name_u], so he has some options when he grows a bit older?

2 Likes

[name_m]Even[/name_m] though I recognise the name [name_u]Sacha[/name_u] as a male name when I see it written down, I will admit that hearing the full name said out loud makes it sound incredibly feminine.

It usually is slightly helpful when a I guess unisex name ([name_u]Sasha[/name_u]/Sacha) is paired up with a somewhat more feminine or masculine middle to make your DC existence a tiny bit easier. Surely we’ve all been young and I just know how mean kids can be, a name can make or break you

I love the name [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] for a boy. There’s a BBC show called [name_f]Summer[/name_f] of Rockets where the little boy is called [name_u]Sasha[/name_u]. It’s on my name list, though my husband thinks it’s too Russian and we have no Eastern European/Russian heritage. :cry:

The male [name_u]Sascha[/name_u] I met in college was [name_m]German[/name_m].