Sadie too close to Katie?

Hello! I am new to Nameberry and I joined specifically to get help with this topic. I am pregnant with our second child, gender unknown. Our daughter is [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Christine[/name_f]. When [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] was born we had girl names narrowed down to [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] and [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]. We went with [name_f]Tessa[/name_f], knowing that if we ever had another girl someday we would still love to use the name [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]. One day it randomly dawned on me that [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] is pretty rhymey rhymey with my SIL’s name [name_f]Katie[/name_f]. Does this make [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] unusable? We live in a small town that we will both live in for forever and see them at least weekly.

I think it’s too close, my husband doesn’t and really wants to use it still. Other girl names we are considering are [name_f]Nora[/name_f]/Norah and [name_f]Brynn[/name_f].

Thank you in advance for your help and input! :slight_smile:

I don’t think they sound too similar personally, maybe for sisters but not in your case. [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] and [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] are a beautiful combo I must say and I think you should definitely still use it! xxx

I don’t think it matters at all, I think they sound similar but not exactly alike. [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] and [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] sound lovely together! :heart:

I think it’s fine for an aunt and niece. No one will probably even notice.

They’d be too close for sisters, but definitely not too close for aunt and niece! I think [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] & [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] are so sweet together!! I also really love [name_f]Nora[/name_f], if you’re still unsure about [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]!

Like another’s have said the names are close but not enough to matter x

Not too close

I was going to say yes because I assumed you meant sisters but for an aunt and niece it won’t matter at all! [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] and [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] are beautiful!

Sadie and [name_f]Katie[/name_f] are perfectly fine for an aunt and niece. They’re similar, but they definitely work in this case.
[name_f]Sadie[/name_f] and [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] sound great together. [name_f]Brynn[/name_f] is a lovely name, my favorite from your list! [name_f]Nora[/name_f](h) is beautiful too.

Thank you all for the feedback! I am sure glad I asked; I must have been over thinking the whole thing and would have missed out on using our overall favorite name!

2 Likes