Sally?

What do you think about the name [name_f]Sally[/name_f]? I like a name that’s not popular and my husband likes a name that’s not “out there” as he says like the names I usually suggest :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: [name_f]Sally[/name_f] isnt popular at all and isnt out there… we’ve all definitely heard of it. But my question, is it outdated? Would love your opinions.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Sally[/name_f]! I know a few and they are between the ages 18 and 22 so I don’t find it outdated.

2 Likes

Sally is a great name with many ties to pop culture. I think it’s sweet!

1 Like

I think [name_f]Sally[/name_f] is due for a revival. It’s cute and spunky and has a fashionable vintage vibe without being overused. And maybe it’s a little old-fashioned, but that’s trendy at the moment and the name is cute enough to seem fresh and young

4 Likes

It’s sweet! It feels due for a revival.

1 Like

I love this name!

I really wanted to use [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] and nickname [name_f]Sally[/name_f]. But for various reasons it couldn’t work out.

Sarah, [name_f]Sadie[/name_f], and [name_f]Sally[/name_f] are all variations of the same name.

But if you want it to be a nickname, not a full name, there are options like [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] that have (sal, sally) in the name that you can use.

1 Like

I like to name what I’ll call her, not into using nicknames so that would be the name :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like [name_f]Sally[/name_f]! [name_u]Sal[/name_u] is such a cool nickname for a teenager.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Sally[/name_f]! I don’t think of it as dated. I’m honestly surprised it’s not more popular than it is.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Sally[/name_f] for exactly the reasons you’ve listed, It’s a name that is easily identifiable and recognizable but you hardly ever hear it being used. It’s simple, sweet and classic and would work equally well on a baby as a grown woman.

3 Likes

Sally is cute! Quirky and charming

1 Like

Thank you. [name_u]Love[/name_u] this insight. Agreed.

I think [name_f]Sally[/name_f] is really refreshing & cute. [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] name!

1 Like

Sally seems eternal to me.

I love the meaning of “sally forth” too.

A jaunty, cheery, zesty name!

1 Like

This thread just made me consider [name_f]Sally[/name_f] in a new light!

3 Likes

In my opinion, [name_f]Sally[/name_f] is outdated – but that’s why it’s so charming!

I think it will come back at some point, but not for a good 10 years or more, and I don’t think it will be super popular or anything. It’s sweet, innocent, a little bit funky and retro (think [name_f]Sally[/name_f] [name_m]Draper[/name_m] from Mad Men), and kind of has a sunny sound and vibe :sunny:

I love it with middles that enhance that quirky, cheery feeling – like [name_f]Sally[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], [name_f]Sally[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], [name_f]Sally[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f], etc.

1 Like

Sally is on my short list. I’ve considered using it as a nn for [name_f]Salome[/name_f], but I also love it on its own! It’s familiar, but I don’t think it’s terribly dated. It can work well for a child and an adult.

1 Like

This was the go to riddle/joke in elementary so [name_f]Sally[/name_f] is a no from me.
Why did [name_f]Sally[/name_f] fall off the swing?
-Because she had no arms.
“Knock. Knock.”
“Who’s there?”
“Not [name_f]Sally[/name_f].”

[name_f]Sally[/name_f] is sweet! Should fit right in with [name_f]Allys[/name_f] and Hallies!

I’ve always liked [name_f]Sally[/name_f]! It’s outdated I suppose but I find it more retro and refreshing. Fits in well with lots of trendier classics but is much more uncommon and unique!

1 Like