Same first letter?

I have a question for people who’s children share a first letter of their name or a significant sound: [name_f]Do[/name_f] you regret the names being too similar?

[name_f]My[/name_f] latest option for this boy shares the first letter of my daughter’s name, but is otherwise phonetically different.

Thoughts?

Id never rhyme or have a significant vowel overlap, but not sure how i feel about the first letter.

I think its been said on here before ‘2 is a coincidence 3 is a pattern’ so for me two names with the same initial isnt too big of deal unless they were super matchy.

So if it was ‘Michael & [name_f]Michaela[/name_f] or [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] & Magnus’ I would avoid it but ‘Morris & [name_f]Melina[/name_f] or [name_u]Miller[/name_u] & Mariah’ Id be fine with it.

5 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] cousins’ have names that share the same end sound, the same second letter, the same syllable count and same number of letters (imagine something like [name_u]Romy[/name_u] and [name_u]Toby[/name_u], [name_f]Katy[/name_f] and [name_f]Macy[/name_f], [name_u]Tallie[/name_u] and Hattie) and they get on just fine. Occasionally, they got muddled as kids but not now. I’ve also met several siblings with matching initials and again, they’ve got on fine. As @LibelluleClaire says, two’s a coincidence, but three’s a pattern, so if they’re not super matchy, I’d say it’s fine

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] sibling and I have names starting from the same letter. A few of my other cousins also follow the theme, and it is quite common where we live. Unless they’re super matchy, you’d be good to go. Something like [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and [name_f]Juliette[/name_f], I mean.

1 Like

Two of my siblings have very similar names to me: think [name_m]Stephen[/name_m], [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f], and [name_m]Stefano[/name_m]. (My other three siblings have completely unrelated names). While this is probably way too close than I’d ever do, it has honestly never really affected us in any way.

2 Likes