Same letter names: Are they a bad thing?

[name]Just[/name] a thought…

I get mixed messages about sibling names that all start with the same letter from my friends, In my family:

[name]Marshall[/name] [name]Raymond[/name] [name]Rosario/name
[name]Marcus[/name] [name]Alan[/name] [name]Rosario[/name] (11)
[name]Matthew[/name] [name]Levi[/name] “[name]Matt[/name]” [name]Rosario[/name] (11)
[name]Marley[/name] [name]Aidan[/name] [name]Rosario[/name] (4)

They’re my nephews, and we can’t ever go to a family reunion without someone calling [name]Marshall[/name] or [name]Marcus[/name] “[name]Marley[/name]”, or without [name]Matt[/name] being called “[name]Marc[/name]”. And along with my son, [name]Marc[/name]-O, sometimes people call him [name]Marc[/name]-US.

Alliteration: Cute, or headed for trouble?

• [name]Alexandra[/name] “[name]Lexi[/name]” [name]Lee[/name]

Personally I like matching first initials, the only problem is it can be hard to find several names with the same letter you love, and that’s why I didn’t consider doing it. I also love the alliteration between names with the same initial on the first and last name.

With that set I think some of the mix up problems is due to the fact that they all start with Ma- if you have an Ma, Mi, [name]Mo[/name], Me it wouldn’t be as repetitive and confusing.

I think it depends on how many children you plan on having. If you are fairly confident you want 2-3, the same letter probably won’t be a problem. If you end up having a ton of kids, you might start to run out of good options with the same letter. Look at the Duggars…