Samphire?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone!

I’ve been a bit obsessed this week with the idea of Samphire as a name. It’s been on my radar for a while but I’m really loving it now.

It’s pronouced sam-fire (a bit like [name_f]Sapphire[/name_f] with an m sound in the middle)

What does everyone think? Could it be used on a boy and a girl? Is it best reserved for a middle? Is it too out there?

If anyone has some combos, they’re welcome too :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone :heart:

I think it sounds cool, though when I read it at first I thought “Like vampire?” I think it could work for both genders. It has a soft and feminine sound, but seems reminiscent of [name_m]Samwise[/name_m], so I can easily see it on a boy

1 Like

Samphire is cute! I think of the plant, which does taste good. It feels more feminine to me personally, but has a nature-ey feel that could work equally well on a boy - might be a little out there, but I could see it as a middle. I once saw the combo [name_u]Asa[/name_u] Samphire, which I think is cute. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have never heard this name before, but I’m instantly in love! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: it immediately made me think of the word vampire, which I love. I think the “fire” part is very cool (it reminds me of a word from the show The 100, not sure if you’ve seen it! I think that’s why it feels that way for me!!) The name feels very masculine to me personally, in a very soft and sweet (yet still strong) way!! I definitely think it would make a bold, unexpected choice as a first. not unusable, just surprising. Absolutely would work as a middle though!!

some immediate thoughts:

[name_u]Jonah[/name_u] Samphire
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] Samphire
[name_m]Felix[/name_m] Samphire
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] Samphire
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m] Samphire
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] Samphire
[name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] Samphire
[name_u]Griffin[/name_u] Samphire
[name_u]Milo[/name_u] Samphire

1 Like

@emmaleegrace thank you! I hadn’t thought of it being like vampire but now you mention it…:grin:

@planetnames thank you! I do love the plant! [name_u]Asa[/name_u] Samphire is dreamy :heart_eyes:

@regionlatbest thank you! I’m glad I’m not the only one who loves it! [name_u]Jonah[/name_u] Samphire, [name_m]Henry[/name_m] Samphire, [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] Samphire, [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] Samphire, and [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] Samphire are wonderful!

I’ll always love this name :blush:
I love that it’s a plant name and that it usually grows near beaches.

1 Like

Thank you!!

I like it! [name_m]Just[/name_m] want to add though that the plant grows a lot around where I live and everyone around here pronounces that sam-fer rather than sam-fire

1 Like

Oh that’s useful to know - thank you!

2 Likes

[name_f]Grace[/name_f], I’d call this a GP… I’m so sorry.

Thank you for your honesty!!

1 Like