Sarah - Classic or Bland?

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you find [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] to still be a meaningful classic or a bland name that doesn’t really have a flair?

If it is bland, is it because it is overused, or some other reason?

Thanks for your opinion!

2 Likes

Classic. When I was growing up, the name did almost enrage me with how boring it was since it was synonymous with suburban living, but I now view it as a fierce and romantic classic that just was too oversaturated at one point.

9 Likes

Classic. I will always love [name_f]Sarah[/name_f].

1 Like

What a wonderful way to put it! I feel the exact same way

1 Like

I love [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] ! It’s a beautiful classic and I am always happy to see or hear it!

1 Like

Sarah is a bit boring for me, but it is definitely a classic too.

1 Like

It’s definitely classic. To me, personally, right now, it does feel a bit stale. I just grew up with so many Sarahs. However, I think it will always very much be classic even if it was a little overused for a while. Give me a few years and I’ll love it like I love many other down-trending classics!

1 Like

Classic and lovely.

1 Like

I think [name_f]Sara[/name_f] gives that name a new freshness. [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] is still usable though, but feels more dated.

4 Likes

I think it’s a classic. And with it meaning princess it’s so sweet! Maybe in grade school I would’ve said it was a cool girl name (not in a bad way) and now I just really like it.

1 Like

I think it’s classic and refreshing! I would love to meet a little [name_f]Sarah[/name_f].

1 Like

Thank you for defending my name lol

4 Likes

I know a few Sarahs but don’t get bored of it at all - definitely a classic!

1 Like

I really, really love [name_f]Sarah[/name_f]. It’s strong and substantial but also very feminine and elegant.

2 Likes

I agree that it’s a classic. I also think it’s a great name to double-barrel.

1 Like

What does double-barrel mean?

Attach it to another name and call her by both.

“[name_f]Sarah[/name_f] [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]”
“[name_f]Sarah[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]”
“[name_f]Sarah[/name_f] [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]”
“[name_f]Sarah[/name_f] [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]”
“[name_f]Sarah[/name_f] [name_u]Kaye[/name_u]”

1 Like

Bland on an adult woman, a refreshing classic on a child.

6 Likes

It’s objectively a classic, though I have a strong negative association with it that make it hard for me to like the name— that’s just personal though! I don’t see a lot of young Sarah’s running around, but I think the name is timeless. I also really like Sarah/Sara-based “double names” like Sara-Kate, Sara-Jane, Sara-May.

2 Likes

Both classic and bland.

6 Likes