Sarah Wilhelmina

When you see this name do you think it sounds contradicting? As in the Hebrew name [name]Sarah[/name] butted up against the [name]German[/name] name [name]Wilhelmina[/name]… or am I being silly? What do you think?

I think its quite pretty :smiley:

It’s an unusual combo (for today at least – I can quite easily see this being a nice choice for parents in the mid-1800s) but I don’t think it clashes.

[name]Both[/name] names have a soft elegance to them with backbone.

We would call her [name]Willa[/name], but have [name]Sarah[/name] as the first name in case she hated it or wanted a more professional sounding name.

Thanks for the input ladies!

I adore the name [name]Willa[/name]! Great choice! :slight_smile:

I like it and [name]Willa[/name] is cute.

I think [name]Sarah[/name] is really pretty, and I absolutely love [name]Willa[/name] ([name]LOVE[/name] it!), but to me, something just seems “off” about the combo. Hmm…It may be the styles, but I think it’s more the flow. For me, the “rah” part of [name]Sarah[/name] and the “[name]Wil[/name]” part of the middle name are kind of awkward to say back-to-back. Like I said, that’s just me! :slight_smile:

Best wishes, [name]Carter[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Willa[/name] is an adoorable nn!

I don’t think that the differing origins of the names make them clash at all, rather the differences make them balance each other out nicely. That said, I have to agree with what [name]Jill[/name] said - the flow could be better. However, the name is still lovely, and if you are not bothered by that then go for it!

I spent a while trying to come up with alternative names to put with [name]Wilhelmina[/name], and I’ve come to the conclusion that it is just one of those names that has a difficult flow (don’t let that put you off, though - I love it!).
Good luck!