Respondents: 29 (This poll is closed)

• Sasha: 1 (3%)
  • Adeline: 3 (10%)
  • Juliet: 8 (28%)
  • Lila: 7 (24%)
  • Livia: 5 (17%)
  • Ava: 5 (17%)

This was such a hard choice!

[name]Sasha[/name]: I would prefer it as a nickname for [name]Alexandra[/name]… it’s definitely not my favorite on your list.

[name]Adeline[/name]: I think it’s lovely. [name]How[/name] would you be pronouncing it? I love AdeLEEN, but I’m not really a fan of ade[name]LINE[/name]. Also, I don’t like [name]Adeline[/name] [name]Carolyn[/name] since the both end with the N sound.

[name]Juliet[/name]: I absolutely love [name]Juliet[/name] (and most of the [name]Julia[/name] names)! I think it’s so gorgeous. I don’t think it flows too well with [name]Carolyn[/name], but I ended up voting for it just because I love the name so much.

[name]Lila[/name]: I love [name]Lila[/name] too, but I’m afraid it’s becoming very trendy. I can see it getting very popular in coming years. [name]Lila[/name] [name]Carolyn[/name] flows beautifully, though.

[name]Livia[/name]: I think [name]Livia[/name] is so beautiful, and also one of my favorites. However, it’ll be constantly mistaken for [name]Lydia[/name] or [name]Olivia[/name], and people might not realize it’s a legitimate name, and not just a chopped down [name]Olivia[/name]. [name]Livia[/name] [name]Carolyn[/name] flows beautifully as well. This was my second favorite choice.

[name]Ava[/name]: I used to really love [name]Ava[/name], but now it’s [name]WAY[/name] too popular for me.

[name]Ava[/name] [name]Carolyn[/name] M. flows the best for me, and even though it is popular, it is very pretty! [name]Lila[/name] would be my second choice, but I prefer [name]Leila[/name] ([name]LAY[/name]-lah)…

Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name],

First of all, I love it that your daughter’s middle name will be after your mother!!

[name]Sasha[/name] [name]Carolyn[/name] – The flow is nice! Some people may mispronounce it Sau-sha. I am assuming it is [name]Sash[/name]-a.

[name]Adeline[/name] [name]Carolyn[/name] – They seem too rhymey.

[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Carolyn[/name] - The combination is a little awkward

[name]Lila[/name] [name]Carolyn[/name] – A bit L heavy, but cute anyway! It’s my second favorite on your list.

[name]Livia[/name] [name]Carolyn[/name] – It flows nicely , but not my favorite.

[name]Ava[/name] [name]Carolyn[/name] – I think this flows and sounds best.

My favourite name is [name]Ava[/name] [name]Carolyn[/name]/ine so there is no contest this is it!

[name]Sasha[/name]: I think it’s really pretty, but I’m guessing it’s going to become pretty popular because of [name]Sasha[/name] [name]Obama[/name].
[name]Sasha[/name] [name]Carolyn[/name] flows well to me…

[name]Adeline[/name]: I think it’s gorgeous, but [name]Adeline[/name] [name]Carolyn[/name] doesn’t flow very well to me…

[name]Juliet[/name]: I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Juliet[/name], but I don’t think it flows well with [name]Carolyn[/name].

[name]Lila[/name]: I think it’s beautiful! It’s supposed to become very popular, which may or may not be an issue for you. I think that [name]Lila[/name] [name]Carolyn[/name] is very pretty…

[name]Livia[/name]: It may get confused with the super popular [name]Olivia[/name], and I don’t think it sounds the best with [name]Carolyn[/name] in the middle.

[name]Ava[/name]: I think it’s a gorgeous name, but it’s also very popular (#5). I do love the flow of [name]Ava[/name] [name]Carolyn[/name], though. If popularity is an issue for you, you may also like [name]Eva[/name] [name]Carolyn[/name] or [name]Ada[/name] [name]Carolyn[/name].

Good luck! :slight_smile:

? I went to school with two Sashas, they both pronounced it Saw-sha. I also knew a dog named [name]Sasha[/name], pronounced the same way. And [name]Sasha[/name] [name]Obama[/name] is pronounced that way.

I love [name]Ava[/name], and [name]Ava[/name] [name]Carolyn[/name] is beautiful!

? I went to school with two Sashas, they both pronounced it Saw-sha. I also knew a dog named [name]Sasha[/name], pronounced the same way. And [name]Sasha[/name] [name]Obama[/name] is pronounced that way.

I love [name]Ava[/name], and [name]Ava[/name] [name]Carolyn[/name] is beautiful![/quote]

In regard to the pronunciation of [name]Sacha[/name] one of the most common names in [name]Russia[/name], the common way to say it is Sah shah but we have a couple of [name]Sacha[/name]'s in our family and we say Sa (as in apple) shah.

We definitely do not say Saw sha that is just butchering the name.

[name]Just[/name] wanted to say again [name]Ava[/name] [name]Carolyn[/name] is gorgeous.

I love [name]Ava[/name], and [name]Ava[/name] [name]Carolyn[/name] is beautiful![/quote]

In regard to the pronunciation of [name]Sacha[/name] one of the most common names in [name]Russia[/name], the common way to say it is Sah shah but we have a couple of [name]Sacha[/name]'s in our family and we say Sa (as in apple) shah.

We definitely do not say Saw sha that is just butchering the name.

[name]Just[/name] wanted to say again [name]Ava[/name] [name]Carolyn[/name] is gorgeous.[/quote]

Yes - “SAW-sha” does seem a bit odd, but I can see how it would be pronounced that way in some accents. I generally say “SAH-shuh,” with the first syllable rhyming with FaLaLaLaLa, but I was under the impression that the Russian [name]Sascha[/name] ([name]Sacha[/name]) was pronounced “SA-shuh,” as in sat.

[name]Just[/name] another thing - [name]Sasha[/name] [name]Obama[/name] is really [name]Natasha[/name] [name]Obama[/name]…

[quote=“lemon”]

Yes - “SAW-sha” does seem a bit odd, but I can see how it would be pronounced that way in some accents. I generally say “SAH-shuh,” with the first syllable rhyming with FaLaLaLaLa, but I was under the impression that the Russian [name]Sascha[/name] ([name]Sacha[/name]) was pronounced “SA-shuh,” as in sat.

[name]Just[/name] another thing - [name]Sasha[/name] [name]Obama[/name] is really [name]Natasha[/name] [name]Obama[/name]…[/quote]

Yeah, the way I say it is like SAH-shuh (like the a in [name]Falala[/name])… but I would say saw and sah the same.

I’ve never heard it pronounced Sa as in sat… but maybe that’s because none of the Sashas I’ve known have been Russian. I really don’t like it at all pronounced that way.

And what about [name]Natasha[/name]? I would say it something like [name]Nuh[/name]-TOSH-uh, as opposed to [name]Nuh[/name]-[name]TASH[/name]-uh… is that right?

Thank you everyone for your help!
I would pronounce [name]Sasha[/name] as “Sar-sha”.
I agree [name]Adeline[/name] does not flow with [name]Carolyn[/name]. I might have to save [name]Adeline[/name] for another daughter if we are fortunate to have one.
[name]Juliet[/name] has the highest votes which is nice given that is her great grandmother’s name. It will have some sentimental value. And I agree [name]Ava[/name] [name]Carolyn[/name] works well.
Still such a difficult life long decision. If you know of more reasons to exclude a name, I would love to hear them.

I say [name]Nuh[/name] tash uh the Na is a short sound and tash has a short ‘a’ sound it definitely doesn’t translate into an ‘o’ sound and the last ‘a’ is an ‘uh’ sound.

Despite it’s popularilty, I think [name]Ava[/name] is a gorgeous name, and [name]Ava[/name] [name]Carolyn[/name] flows really well.

Beautiful names, the only one I don’t like with your middle name choice is [name]Adeline[/name].

I generally like [name]Juliet[/name], but the pair isn’t the best. [name]Adeline[/name] or [name]Lila[/name] are a bit sing-song with [name]Caroline[/name]. I chose [name]Livia[/name]. It’s nicely distinct from the overused [name]Olivia[/name]. Yes, she’ll probably have to spell it. Everyone should expect to do that. There are very few names with only one spelling, and even some of those probably sound like other names.

I’d say [name]Sasha[/name] with “sa” as in [name]Sam[/name]. Same for the second A in [name]Natasha[/name]. Never met an actual Russian with either name to know. Then again, I don’t think Russians use [name]Sasha[/name] for girls.