Saul or Solomon?

I’m trying to decide between [name]Saul[/name] or [name]Solomon[/name] for our baby to be (if it’s a boy).
The name is after my husband’s grandfather, whose name was [name]Saul[/name] (not [name]Solomon[/name]). Because of this, my husband strongly prefers [name]Saul[/name]. But he is willing to compromise w/ [name]Solomon[/name] if I like it a lot better. I do think that I like [name]Solomon[/name] better, just because is sounds a little less “old man-ish” to me. But, I know that even if he is [name]Solomon[/name] everyone will call him [name]Sol[/name], which makes me think that maybe I should just make things easier (and make my hubby happy) and name him [name]Saul[/name].
Please help by sharing your opinions!
Thanks!

I actually prefer [name]Saul[/name] to [name]Solomon[/name]. I would find it easier to say repeatedly on an everyday basis. Besides, the family connection seems important to your husband.

[name]Solomon[/name] is a great Biblical name that glows with dignity. [name]King[/name] [name]Solomon[/name] was a wise sovereign so it has a great legacy. [name]Saul[/name] is a quieter, less stylish name in my opinion so I prefer [name]Solomon[/name] by far. If your husband’s willing to compromise with [name]Solomon[/name], go for it!

funny you posted about [name]Solomon[/name], i was just getting ready to! lol
my great great grandmothers maiden name was [name]Solomon[/name] and i was just thinking of her (she was very loved by my fam) and thought hmm i wonder if [name]Solomon[/name] would work. the more i think abou it the more i like it!
for you i like [name]Saul[/name], since its for your fam. tho solomon has a better namesake in the Bible tha n [name]Saul[/name] does