sawyer for a girl?

anybody out there use the name [name]Sawyer[/name] for a girl??? what would i call her for short?
we also like [name]Hadley[/name], Husdon, [name]Pacey[/name], [name]Hazel[/name] and [name]Miller[/name] for a girl. we need help!!!

I’m not a fan of unisex names on girls, so I don’t like any of these except [name]Hazel[/name]. Sorry.

I really like unisex names, and from what I have noticed, I believe I am in the minority here on nameberry :slight_smile:

I like [name]Sawyer[/name] a lot, but to be honest I prefer this one on boys. Can’t really think of a nickname.

Out of your other names, I really like [name]Hadley[/name] and [name]Hazel[/name]. [name]Miller[/name] makes me think of the beer.

Not sure if you are looking for suggestions but other possible ones:
[name]Parker[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Peyton[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name]
[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Marlowe[/name]

Good luck!

I think most people will associate that name with a boy because of the fictional character [name]Tom[/name] [name]Sawyer[/name]. It also can’t be shortened to anything feminine. You seem to like really unusual names. I’m guessing you have a very average name and would like to give your baby a unique name. As a person with a unique name, I advise against this. Names that are very trendy are almost always regretted by the parents later on in life. If you like [name]Sawyer[/name], what about something that is unique but not so unheard of like [name]Sadie[/name]?

I actually think of the character on [name]One[/name] Tree [name]Hill[/name]. ([name]Peyton[/name] [name]Sawyer[/name], and her daughter was named [name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Brooke[/name])

Unisex names usually aren’t my favorite, but I really love [name]Sawyer[/name] for a girl. The thing about [name]Sawyer[/name] though is-there aren’t very many nicknames at all. The only obvious one that I could see people calling [name]Sawyer[/name] is Soy, which just makes me think of soybeans.

I don’t mind a lot of truly unisex names ([name]Rowan[/name], [name]Harper[/name], etc) but I don’t see [name]Sawyer[/name] as unisex. I’m aware it has been used on girls, but i don’t see it as a unisex name. i think of [name]Tom[/name] [name]Sawyer[/name], so that’s why. I also can’t think of any nickname at all that would be any kind of feminine. Of your other choices, I really like [name]Hazel[/name] and don’t mind [name]Hadley[/name] (though it does seem super trendy). Maybe you’ll like:

You obviously like unisex names, so I’ll try to suggest mostly those:

[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Riley[/name]
[name]Aspen[/name]
[name]Sydney[/name]
[name]Cassidy[/name]
[name]Harley[/name] (I have a little niece named [name]Harley[/name])
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Dakota[/name]
[name]River[/name]
[name]Keely[/name]
[name]Erin[/name]
[name]Jules[/name]
[name]Sora[/name]
[name]Robin[/name]
[name]Aubrey[/name]
[name]Haven[/name]

[name]Do[/name] you like any of those?

The only nn I can think of is [name]Uri[/name] (pn: youre-ee) taken from the 2nd syllable

Thank you for all the advise. I do love [name]Sadie[/name]. We almost named our daughter [name]Sadie[/name] but wanted more original so went with [name]Saige[/name]. I’m a big fan of [name]Hazel[/name] right now. I love love [name]Harlow[/name]. I love [name]Harper[/name] also but husband hates it. [name]How[/name] do people feel about [name]Pacey[/name]??

I think [name]Pacey[/name] is cute but I’m not sure how it’d age. It kind of makes me think of pace makers and pace picante sauce. I like the similar [name]Macy[/name]. [name]Saige[/name] and [name]Macy[/name] would be cute together! I like [name]Hadley[/name] and [name]Hazel[/name] from your list above. [name]Hazel[/name] and [name]Saige[/name] is kind of a lot of plant though. I don’t care for [name]Sawyer[/name] but I don’t mind it. [name]Hudson[/name] I really wouldn’t recommend, it is highly popular for boys right now and would be confusing.

I agree with your opinion on [name]Pacey[/name]. It may just be a little too cutesy. I think I’m on to the Hs right now. [name]Harlow[/name], [name]Hazel[/name], and [name]Hadley[/name]. Any other unisex unique girl names?

Growing up I knew a Hiley. Sort of like [name]Haley[/name], but with a long I sound instead of a long A sound. Rhyming with [name]Miley[/name] and [name]Riley[/name]. I think it’s pleasant, and it seems like it’d fit what you’re looking for. I guess “high” teasing is possible, but I don’t think she got too much of that. There’s also [name]Hilary[/name], which has a pleasant rhythm, good meaning, and is historically male so technically uni but now fully female, but I know a lot of people wouldn’t want the [name]Clinton[/name] association.

Oh also: [name]Haven[/name] and [name]Harbor[/name] are sort of cool. Neither my taste, but they’re OK.

I am on a roll: [name]Holiday[/name], [name]Holly[/name], [name]Hollis[/name], and [name]Hallie[/name] come to mind.