Sawyer for brother to Finn? Y or N?

Still trying to figure out a name for this boy…due in 5 weeks now. I love [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u], but my 2 year old is [name_u]Finn[/name_u]. Is that too much??

2 Likes

Yeah, I think it is too much. Sad since they’re so sweet together!

2 Likes

I have to agree with @futuremama. I’m sorry. :confused:

1 Like

Unfortunately, I’m going to have to vote “no” here. And I’m a big [name_m]Twain[/name_m] fan!

3 Likes

I agree with others. Sorry.

1 Like

Aww, man! What a bummer, bc they go great together! Sadly I also have to vote “no”.

Oh, I love [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]! It’s a magnificent name. I don’t think [name_u]Finn[/name_u] and [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] are bad associations, so why not? I would use it, but maybe, as a middle name.

1 Like

I like the two names together. As @Estrela said, they aren’t bad associations.

2 Likes

I was ready to write Yes! and Then I started reading the comments, very clearly not immediately making the connection. I actually think the literary connection is kind of cute, and I agree, they are not bad associations. I still vote yes. Or if you like [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] maybe you’d like something like [name_m]Silas[/name_m]? I’m not going to give a big long list since I’m not sure if you’re even looking for suggestions. Good luck in your decision making process!

2 Likes

[name_m]Can[/name_m] someone help me out & say what the connection is between [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] & [name_u]Finn[/name_u]…? :sweat_smile: I’m obviously missing something here!

It’s [name_m]Tom[/name_m] [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] & [name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m] [name_u]Finn[/name_u] as in the characters of [name_m]Mark[/name_m] [name_m]Twain[/name_m]'s classic books. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ahh, thank you! Gotta admit I’m not really one for classic literature :sweat_smile:

1 Like

is it your last child? If yes and you don’t mind the obvious literary connection- then go for it… they are nice names. But what if you have a third… would they feel left out?

1 Like

It took me a minute to see the connection, I think it’s fine, [name_m]Romeo[/name_m] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] would be no but I think [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] and [name_u]Finn[/name_u] sound really cute together and the literary connection isn’t too obvious.

3 Likes

SOOOOO CUTE! YES YES YES! [name_u]Finn[/name_u] & [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] are just :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I think they work perfect together! it took me a minute to realize why they may actually be an issue since for me [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] automatically brings up the character from Lost and not [name_m]Tom[/name_m] [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]. I don’t think the [name_m]Tom[/name_m] [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] and [name_m]Huck[/name_m] [name_u]Finn[/name_u] connection is that obvious, but if it would bug you to have it brought up then I would say maybe look for an alternative

1 Like

If you don’t mind the literary association, they go great together

1 Like

I didn’t immediately catch the association either. Took awhile before it suddenly dawned on me lol I still lean towards yes but I think @CurlyC made a good point about other potential children possibly feeling left out

1 Like

LOVE! I think they sound great together

1 Like

For me personally: it’s too much. Are there any other names you’re considering?

1 Like