Sawyer for brother to Finn? Y or N?

Still trying to figure out a name for this boy…due in 5 weeks now. I love [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u], but my 2 year old is [name_u]Finn[/name_u]. Is that too much??

2 Likes

Yeah, I think it is too much. Sad since they’re so sweet together!

2 Likes

I have to agree with @futuremama. I’m sorry. :confused:

1 Like

Aww, man! What a bummer, bc they go great together! Sadly I also have to vote “no”.

Oh, I love [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]! It’s a magnificent name. I don’t think [name_u]Finn[/name_u] and [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] are bad associations, so why not? I would use it, but maybe, as a middle name.

1 Like

I like the two names together. As @Estrela said, they aren’t bad associations.

2 Likes

I was ready to write Yes! and Then I started reading the comments, very clearly not immediately making the connection. I actually think the literary connection is kind of cute, and I agree, they are not bad associations. I still vote yes. Or if you like [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] maybe you’d like something like [name_m]Silas[/name_m]? I’m not going to give a big long list since I’m not sure if you’re even looking for suggestions. Good luck in your decision making process!

2 Likes

[name_m]Can[/name_m] someone help me out & say what the connection is between [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] & [name_u]Finn[/name_u]…? :sweat_smile: I’m obviously missing something here!

It’s [name_m]Tom[/name_m] [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] & [name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m] [name_u]Finn[/name_u] as in the characters of [name_m]Mark[/name_m] [name_m]Twain[/name_m]'s classic books. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ahh, thank you! Gotta admit I’m not really one for classic literature :sweat_smile:

1 Like

is it your last child? If yes and you don’t mind the obvious literary connection- then go for it… they are nice names. But what if you have a third… would they feel left out?

1 Like

It took me a minute to see the connection, I think it’s fine, [name_m]Romeo[/name_m] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] would be no but I think [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] and [name_u]Finn[/name_u] sound really cute together and the literary connection isn’t too obvious.

3 Likes

SOOOOO CUTE! YES YES YES! [name_u]Finn[/name_u] & [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] are just :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I think they work perfect together! it took me a minute to realize why they may actually be an issue since for me [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] automatically brings up the character from Lost and not [name_m]Tom[/name_m] [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]. I don’t think the [name_m]Tom[/name_m] [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] and [name_m]Huck[/name_m] [name_u]Finn[/name_u] connection is that obvious, but if it would bug you to have it brought up then I would say maybe look for an alternative

1 Like

If you don’t mind the literary association, they go great together

1 Like

I didn’t immediately catch the association either. Took awhile before it suddenly dawned on me lol I still lean towards yes but I think @CurlyC made a good point about other potential children possibly feeling left out

1 Like

LOVE! I think they sound great together

1 Like

For me personally: it’s too much. Are there any other names you’re considering?

1 Like

I don’t think it’s too much at all. I took me a minute to realize the association, but once I did I thought the association just made it that much better. The names sound great together, and as time goes on, there will be even more Finns and Sawyers to associate the names with anyway, so it’ll be even less likely that someone questions it :slight_smile: I vote a big YES

1 Like

Like others it took me a minute to see the connection (and I am a classical literature fan!) I think both names are currently so on trend and popular that the literary connection is a little diluted. And at worst they’ll think you like [name_m]Mark[/name_m] [name_m]Twain[/name_m], which isn’t a terrible thing in my opinion.

1 Like