Sawyer...

We’ve been pondering a name for our baby boy and [name]Sawyer[/name] has entered into the mix. [name]Love[/name] the name right now (and yep, I am a huge LOST fan…), but is it too trendy? [name]Love[/name] it or hate it? Thoughts?

It actually makes me think of [name]Tom[/name] [name]Sawyer[/name]. Not to turn you off from the name, but I desperately want to name my next puppy [name]Sawyer[/name] - I think it is so cute! [name]Sawyer[/name] is modern and fresh, but does it seem a bit feminine? I think it would be great paired with a masculine classic, such as [name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Michael[/name].

i know a few toddlers named sawyer and i like it.

I really like it, but I know some people see it as being a bit feminine.

Yeah, I automatically think [name]Tom[/name] [name]Sawyer[/name]. I don’t love it or hate it. It just doesn’t do much for me. I imagine it’s getting pretty trendy w/ the Lost character, etc… I know quite a few baby Sawyers and a 9 y/o [name]Sawyer[/name]…for [name]Tom[/name], not the Lost character :wink:

[name]How[/name] is [name]Sawyer[/name] feminine?! It is a surname that means woodcutter!
I suppose in the way that [name]Charlie[/name] and [name]Cameron[/name] are also feminine?
I think it’s a good name for a boy.

I have a friend who named her son [name]Sawyer[/name]. I think it’s a cute name. The one thing I’ve heard my friend mention is that she wants his name pronounced Soy-yer and many people pronounce it Saw-yer. I think it may depend on where you live, but it’s something to consider if you want it pronounced a certain way.

I think [name]Sawyer[/name] is adorable! I like it much more for a boy than a girl. I also love Lost (can’t wait until Feb. 2!). I’d like to have three puppies named [name]Sawyer[/name], [name]Sailor[/name] and [name]Scout[/name]… but I like it more on a boy than a dog!

I like [name]Sawyer[/name] a lot, but for a girl.

I love the name [name]Sawyer[/name]. It’s one of my top names I’m thinking of right now too. Unfortunately, my friends all know how much I loooove [name]Sawyer[/name] from Lost and I’m afraid they’ll think that’s why I named my little boy that. [name]Even[/name] though that has absolutely nothing to do with it.

I named my son [name]Sawyer[/name] and I have never regretted it. I DID name him after [name]Sawyer[/name] on Lost and I have no problems telling people so. I just tell them that I named him after his daddy…I WISH!!! I think it is a very manly name especially if you watch LOST and are familiar with the character.

I love [name]Sawyer[/name]! I think it’s really handsome!