Sawyer

Hello berries! I was just wondering what you think of the name [name]Sawyer[/name]? I really really like the style… strong but gentle, fits a kid but could grow with him. His name would be [name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Jonathan[/name] [name]Makai[/name]. The only reason I’m not positive I like it is because I hear ‘soil’. Does anyone else ever hear this? Cant wait to hear what you think!

In the part of the US I’m from, “saw your” and “[name]Sawyer[/name]” are said exactly the same. This may not be a problem where you are, depending on the local accent, but it’d be all to easy for kids to start saying “I [name]Sawyer[/name] __________” which could result in some pretty nasty teasing. But if that isn’t a problem in your area, then there definitely isn’t anything wrong with the name. I like the reference to [name]Tom[/name] [name]Sawyer[/name] and the laid back, boyish feel the name has.

Anyone who’s seen Lost will likely pronounce [name]Sawyer[/name] SOY-ur.

I don’t hear soil, but ya hear what ya hear :wink:

I like it a lot. Not for me personally, but I would be happy to see a little [name]Sawyer[/name].

I have seen Lost, but my accent says Saw-yer. I like it well enough. [name]Tom[/name] [name]Sawyer[/name] is a great namesake for a little boy.

I like [name]Sawyer[/name], though it has been crossing that unisex barrier and coming up as a girls names recently. However, I think its still good for a boy considering [name]Tom[/name] [name]Sawyer[/name] and [name]Sawyer[/name] from Lost.

I really like [name]Sawyer[/name] for a boy and no I don’t hear soil.

Definitely like [name]Sawyer[/name]. It’s either our son’s middle name or first name…we pronounce it Soy-yer, but figure we’ll hear it both ways. We’re big Lost fans but chose it more for the literary history and ability to be a young boy’s name but also an older person’s name. Similar category as [name]Ben[/name] or [name]Sam[/name] or [name]Graham[/name] to me, but with a little more style and classic modernity. If that makes sense.

I agree that [name]Sawyer[/name] is strong but gentle, exactly what one aims for. I can’t think of anything negative here other than an occasional mispronunciation. I think it’s a beautiful name.

[name]Sawyer[/name] has a definite free spirit appeal to most people - strong and gentle with a warm heart. [name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Jonathan[/name] [name]Makai[/name] is a great combination. Good luck!

Honestly, I love [name]Sawyer[/name]! It’s been one of my favorite names for boys lately! So strong and masculine.