Scared to commit...

[name]Addalyn[/name] [name]Kate[/name] [name]Riley[/name]

What do y’all think? Loved [name]Addison[/name] but it’s become way too popular so I thought [name]Addalyn[/name] was a good compromise. Also, the spelling…It’s not even listed on Nameberry anywhere with this spelling. Only [name]Adalynn[/name]. Would you pronounce my choice the same/correct way?

Thanks so much!!

hmm, it’s ok, not my favorite though. [name]How[/name] about [name]Adelaide[/name], [name]Adele[/name], or [name]Adela[/name]?

I’d pronounce [name]Adalyn[/name] “Ay-dah-lyn” and [name]Addalyn[/name] “[name]Ad[/name]-dah-lyn”. [name]Addalyn[/name] is too “kreeaytyve” for me. But if you like it that way go for it!

[name]Addalyn[/name] [name]Kate[/name] [name]Riley[/name] is a very pretty name! I prefer other [name]Addy[/name] names personally, but I think it is pretty. Have you considered alternate spellings, like [name]Adeline[/name], [name]Adelyn[/name], [name]Adalyn[/name], etc.? I love the suggestions of [name]Adelaide[/name] and [name]Adele[/name]–I think [name]Adelia[/name] and Adalet are both very pretty, too. [name]Love[/name] [name]Kate[/name] with [name]Adeline[/name]/[name]Addalyn[/name], btw! Very sweet.

Good luck!

While the spelling might not be commonplace, the “[name]Add[/name]-a-lyn” names are pretty popular too. It’s just harder to see on charts because there are so many ways to spell it - [name]Adeline[/name], [name]Adelyn[/name], [name]Adelynn[/name], [name]Adalynn[/name], [name]Addalynn[/name], etc. not to mention all the girls named [name]Addison[/name], [name]Addie[/name], [name]Madeline[/name], [name]Madelyn[/name], [name]Madalynn[/name], etc. I only point this out because you mentioned that popularity turned you away from [name]Addison[/name], but your alternative isn’t that much less popular. I think it’s better to name your child a name you actually love despite the popularity, rather than something that you compromised on that is also rising in popularity.

I will choose a name I love regardless of it’s rise in popularity, however, having the number 2 name for my year of birth weighs heavily on my decision making. I love my name but absolutely hated being one of three [name]Ashley[/name]'s in a classroom growing up. [name]Even[/name] my best friend shared my name. So I do take popularity into high consideration. Also, I chose that spelling because I want it pronounced like [name]Addison[/name]…[name]Addalyn[/name]. I feel like the first response, [name]Adalynn[/name] or [name]Adalyn[/name] sounds like Ay-duh-lyn. I just want to make sure it’s pronounced correctly. People choose names they love but also need to consider how it affects the kids growing up. My mother named me [name]Lauren[/name] [name]Ashley[/name] [name]Warren[/name]. She always called me [name]Ashley[/name] but the first day of school I had the awful time of correcting my teachers to let them know I was not [name]Lauren[/name] [name]Warren[/name]. Awful experience! [name]Adelaide[/name] is cute but a little to country sounding for me. [name]Adele[/name] is very, very popular now as well. Thanks for your input everyone it’s really helping me think about everything!

I’m not a big fan of [name]Addalyn[/name]…but I don’t care for [name]Addison[/name] either, I do think I prefer [name]Addalyn[/name] to [name]Addison[/name]. [name]Addy[/name]/[name]Addie[/name] are very pretty nicknames, just prefer other ways of getting there.
I’d say it [name]Add[/name]-ah-lynn.

I prefer [name]Adelaide[/name], but it does have a sort of country vibe. [name]Do[/name] you get the same country feel from [name]Adeline[/name]? There’s also the guilty pleasure name of mine: Adanya

I would go with [name]Adeline[/name]

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Adeline[/name] [name]Kate[/name], but if you go on BabyCenter and read the names of the new babies, there are tons of Adelines (with all the different spellings). (You can do this by going to Birth Clubs and finding the posts where people put in their names.) But, I have to say, it is BEAUTIFUL!

my niece is three and her name is Avalynn (A-va-lynn not ay-va-lynn) and i love it. [name]Ive[/name] never heard it before but I think its beautiful.

It’s a really pretty name! I pref. spelling [name]Adeline[/name] though:)

I would pronounce the ending -lynn, not -line, spelled [name]Addalyn[/name] (add-uh-lynn). Spelled [name]Adeline[/name] I would pronounce the ending -line. [name]Addalyn[/name] [name]Kate[/name] [name]Riley[/name] is not my style but it is pretty. [name]Love[/name] the pp’s suggestion of Avalynn.

[/b]

I agree whole-heartedly with this!