Scarlet, Sylvie or Story?

See the results of this poll: Scarlet or Sylvie?

Respondents: 93 (This poll is closed)

• Scarlet : 27 (29%)
  • Sylvie : 45 (48%)
  • Story: 21 (23%)

I kind of like [name_u]Story[/name_u] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]

All are lovely but i like [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] followed by [name_u]Story[/name_u] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] best

I like [name_u]Story[/name_u] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] the best.

All three are nice, but [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] stands out for me. I just love that woodland faerie vibe that I think it exudes. [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] makes for a lovely combo.

I like [name_u]Story[/name_u] the most. It’s one of those names I can’t use but absolutely love and I would be psyched to see it on another child. [name_u]Story[/name_u] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] is very sweet.

I like [name_f]Scarlet[/name_f] and [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] too, but I prefer them with [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]. All good choices.

The name [name_u]Story[/name_u] makes me swoon. [name_u]Love[/name_u] love love it. It is, stylistically, pretty different than [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] or [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] though. [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] would be my second choice. I think both middle names sound great with [name_u]Story[/name_u] and [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f].

This exactly.

While I feel like [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] is SO trendy on nameberry, I like it best from this list and don’t hear the name very often at all in real life. Most of all I love the meaning. (Sidenote: I think [name_m]Sylvan[/name_m] would be cool for a girl, even though it’s technically a boy’s name. And it’d be a great way to get to [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]). [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] works - [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] less so.

I like [name_f]Scarlet[/name_f] quite a bit, but don’t like the color necessarily.

[name_u]Story[/name_u] is a bit much for me, even though it has a lot of appeal phonetically.

They are all lovely stand-alone names but when I take your surname and middle name options into consideration, there is only one that works for me. So my vote goes to [name_f]Scarlet[/name_f]. I’m not very fond of the repetition of “vi” in [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], “or” in [name_u]Story[/name_u] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] and the endings of both [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] and [name_u]Story[/name_u] with the “ee” in [name_u]Jean[/name_u] and M@c[name_f]Kimmie[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], it’s so cute but also classic. However, I feel like [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] might sound better with your surname, and [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] could be used as a nickname.
I also like [name_u]Story[/name_u], but prefer it as a middle name. I’m not really a fan of [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f].

I voted for [name_f]Scarlet[/name_f] as I think it sounds great with your surname and I like the combo [name_f]Scarlet[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u], I also think [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] is really sweet too!

I love [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]–classic but whimsical-sounding and unexpected, pretty without being flowery, easy to spell and pronounce but still relatively rare.

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] by far!

All really great options, but I think [name_f]Scarlet[/name_f] works best with your surname. There’s a little too much rhyming for my ear with the others.

I am in [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] with [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u]!!!

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] is gorgeous. Also [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f].

I personally dislike the sound and look of [name_f]Scarlet[/name_f]. Not fond of it at all. Sorry, very few names fit this category for me but [name_f]Scarlet[/name_f] does. I like [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], unsure why it hasn’t grown on me more. [name_u]Story[/name_u] has special meaning to my family but I personally do not think I would be able to use it as a first name. Would love to meet one.

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] hands down!! It’s beautiful and fairy-like, but it’s also timeless. I could see a baby [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], a teenage [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], an adult [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], and an elderly [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]! It’s beautiful without being too out there. I also like how classic [name_f]Scarlet[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] sounds! I’m not a fan of [name_u]Story[/name_u] personally but it isn’t bad!

Thanks so much for all the feedback and votes! [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] is our top choice x