Scarlett

I’m considering the name [name]Scarlett[/name] if my baby is a girl, but I have a few questions about it.

Does it sound a little too “sexy” for a baby/little girl?

Is it too associated with [name]Scarlett[/name] Johanssen?

[name]Do[/name] you think the [name]Scarlett[/name] O’[name]Hara[/name] association is a negative?

Our last name is 3 syllables and begins with “Car.” Would [name]Scarlett[/name] sound okay with a last name beginning with Car?

My other children are [name]Cassandra[/name] ([name]Cassie[/name]) and [name]Chester[/name] ([name]Chet[/name]). My name also begins with a C and my dh’s name begins with an S, so I like the idea of choosing a name beginning with S. Does [name]Scarlett[/name] sound okay with my kids’ names?

What nickname would you use for [name]Scarlett[/name] (if any)? I was thinking of [name]Carly[/name], which wouldn’t work as a given name with our last name, but it might not be too bad as a nickname.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

I love the name [name]Scarlett[/name]. Yes, it goes well with your other children’s names…nicely breaking off the “C” theme…

Does it sound a little too “sexy” for a baby/little girl? I personally don’t think it’s too sexy for a baby or a little girl…

Is it too associated with [name]Scarlett[/name] Johanssen? No, not to me…

[name]Do[/name] you think the [name]Scarlett[/name] O’[name]Hara[/name] association is a negative? Nope…Not at all…

Our last name is 3 syllables and begins with “Car.” Would [name]Scarlett[/name] sound okay with a last name beginning with Car? Hmm…Scar and Car obviously rhyme, but when I say [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Carmichael[/name] (fake last name) out loud, I do notice the “ar” sounds, but not the point where I think it sounds awful.

My other children are [name]Cassandra[/name] ([name]Cassie[/name]) and [name]Chester[/name] ([name]Chet[/name]). My name also begins with a C and my dh’s name begins with an S, so I like the idea of choosing a name beginning with S. Does [name]Scarlett[/name] sound okay with my kids’ names? Yes. I think it works. :slight_smile:

What nickname would you use for [name]Scarlett[/name] (if any)? My favorite [name]Scarlett[/name] nickname is [name]Lettie[/name]. :slight_smile:

I really love the name [name]Scarlett[/name], and think your older children have great name! (I think [name]Chet[/name] is so cool!)

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the input jenevieve and jill, I appreciate it! [name]Jill[/name], thanks for the compliment about my kids’ names :slight_smile:

I love the name [name]Scarlett[/name] - I think it works well with your other kids names too. I do think that the nickname could very well end up being “Scar” which I don’t mind, but some people do. The only thing about this name (which deters me from looking at it more for my daughter) is that it is rising a lot in popularity - if this doesn’t bother you, then go for it, it’s a beautiful name!