School Thread

Sort of like a gibberish thread/the teenberry thread. I thought it’d be kinda cool if there was a thread where you could just ramble about school without any judgement and lots of interesting comments/suggestions.

Well, I’m going to a new school this year and there are 24 kids. In the entire school. It’s fun, though. We have a lot of breaks, play a LOT of ping pong, four square. The curriculum is hard for me, since I’ve never gone to a private school with such a rigorous course, but I’m doing okay. It’s fun and the kids are all nice and related! I call it ‘An [name_f]Alabama[/name_f] school’ because “he’s my cousin on my mom’s side and she’s my cousin on my dad’s, and that’s their cousin, but I call them mine because it’s easier.” :laughing: So, my family are the only family not related to the other’s.
It’s kind of annoying to wear masks all the time. At our desks, we don’t have to, but walking past anyone we have to. [name_f]My[/name_f] parents don’t like masks, but they want us to be smart and wear one because my grandparents are going to come to our house soon and we don’t want them to get anything. :mask: 'm respecting their wishes, but when we’re outside and playing four square in very large squares, I take it off to breathe. :slight_smile:

So, anyone else have anything interesting to say about school?

1 Like

I’m in my last year of proper school as I’ll be in college next year (college in the UK is the equivalent of grade 11 & 12). So far it’s been okay, but all the mixed messages on covid rules are annoying. 6 people in my year were self isolating today, so I won’t be surprised if I get the next 2 weeks off (after only a week of being back :roll_eyes:).

I’m in high school, but I’m taking almost all college classes! Currently feeling like crying, bc I have no clue how I’m going to finish all of this homework on time. :sob:

2 Likes

Same! I feel like my homework load is double what it usually is. Last year I didn’t have any APs though. Also since my school is all virtual we only have 3 or 4 classes per day instead of 7, so we get the double the HW to do on the days we don’t have a certain class. It’s a lot! I definitely miss the social aspects of school, but my high school is huge. We have 2 campuses one for freshmen and sophomores and one for juniors and seniors, but there are 1000 kids in a grade, so that’s 2000 kids in a building. There’s no way of avoiding someone getting sick with that many students.

2 Likes

I only have 3 classes per semester. I’m not really under any stress so uhh… can’t relate. :woman_shrugging:t2: I do, however tend to look in the mirror and go “Wow I’m getting old!” :rofl:

I’m trying the PACE program and oh my gosh! I read a page and it says ‘Make sure you remember this’ and the next page says ‘I hope you remember what you read on the last page! You’re having a checkup!’ (which is like a quiz)… like… Whatt? I don’t remember what I hate for breakfast- did I eat breakfast? How the heck am I supposed to remember the fifty words I just read and am supposed to know??? :weary: :scream: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I just started a new school. It’s one of the most famous schools in country, so I’m lucky that I’m there. But my dad found a way to homeschooling me (it isn’t legal here) so I’ll leave it soon :grin:

1 Like

I’m in 7th grade this year and we’re still online here. ([name_f]India[/name_f]) Most schools here are from 1st grade to 10/12 the grade. Schools are going to open up for grades 9-12 soon. I hate online school, but I do have a couple of fun classes like [name_f]English[/name_f], Social Studies, and [name_u]Drama[/name_u].

I haven’t started yet, but I do (technically) on [name_f]Monday[/name_f]. It’s online for [name_f]Monday[/name_f] and [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f].

I’m kinda upset though, because we only are at school for half to day, and we spend the other half at home doing online work.