Schuyler -v- Skyler

See the results of this poll: Which spelling variant do you prefer?

Respondents: 48 (This poll is closed)

• Schuyler : 19 (40%)
  • Skyler: 29 (60%)

I like [name_u]Schuyler[/name_u] - it has more history and looks bookish and cute!

I slightly prefer the [name_u]Schuyler[/name_u] spelling.

I prefer [name_u]Skyler[/name_u] :slight_smile:

I love [name_u]Schuyler[/name_u], but I chose [name_u]Skyler[/name_u] because I think it would make a lot more sense and prevent a lot of misspellings.

In terms of convenience/pronunciation, I choose [name_u]Skyler[/name_u]. For the historical legacy, [name_u]Schuyler[/name_u] all the way!

[name_u]Schuyler[/name_u]! I know the [name_u]Sky[/name_u] spellings would make more sense phonetically, and I hear some people say that [name_u]Schuyler[/name_u] seems pretentious, but the [name_u]Sky[/name_u]- spellings just look so tacky to me. [name_u]Schuyler[/name_u] is just so gorgeous! [name_u]Schuyler[/name_u] all the way. :slight_smile:

[name_u]Skyler[/name_u]. The other spelling looks like shoe ler.

Hmm, it’s a tough call. I can see the historical/traditional appeal of the original spelling, but it came down to, “which one would I rather be named?” And I’d personally rather have the easier and more phonetic spelling. Makes the [name_u]Sky[/name_u] nickname more intuitive, too.

I would go with [name_u]Skyler[/name_u] just because that’s how most people will spell it

I prefer [name_u]Schuyler[/name_u] (and [name_u]Schyler[/name_u] and [name_u]Schylar[/name_u]) for a boy and all the [name_u]Sky[/name_u]- spellings for a girl.

I prefer [name_u]Schuyler[/name_u], but a lot of (if not most) people will definitely go straight for [name_u]Skyler[/name_u]/[name_u]Skylar[/name_u]. So if you’d be bothered by needing to correct people, I’d probably default to [name_u]Skyler[/name_u].

I prefer [name_u]Skylar[/name_u] because the first time I say [name_u]Schuyler[/name_u] I was actually alittle confused on how to pronounce it at first

Unless you’re Irish, I’d go with the easier spelling.