Sci-Fi-ish Names

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! I’m planning on writing a sci-fi story and have names for my main characters, but the minor characters are giving me difficulty. :frowning:

The story is about a girl named [name_f]Semiramide[/name_f] “[name_m]Rami[/name_m]” who dreams of being a pilot and master navigator. She finds a map loaded into the hard drive of an old robot that shows the way to the lost Archive of the World - a place in which society’s most valued treasures (art, jewelry, books, etc.) are housed and had been protected by a select few, all of whom had gone missing some hundred years ago. Along her way, she meets an amateur navigator named [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] and an alien mechanic named Quezal. The three eventually stumble upon one of the captain’s of the Archive of the World’s transport ships, [name_m]Captain[/name_m] Chrysler, who had been in cryo-stasis unbeknownst to the world until girl named Zysu accidentally took him out of it.

So! Now that my main cast has been named, I need help with the rest of the minor characters. [name_m]Rami[/name_m]'s family especially; I’m struggling to name her uncle who is a big influence on her - he had been a pilot for the air force, and had a brief stint of working on a spaceship. His wife’s name is [name_f]Ilsa[/name_f]. They have a son named [name_u]Kiah[/name_u], and two daughters whom I’m also struggling to name.

Names I’ve considered for characters (family or not): [name_f]Aranza[/name_f], [name_m]Zayd[/name_m], Deodora, [name_m]Negasi[/name_m], [name_f]Mawar[/name_f], [name_u]Vercy[/name_u], Lyemi, [name_f]Dayo[/name_f], [name_m]Gaspar[/name_m], [name_m]Endymion[/name_m]

(Are these good names?)

I’m looking for names that may not be so popular ([name_m]Ambrose[/name_m], [name_m]Gaspar[/name_m]), or sometimes, names backwards (Zysu --> [name_f]Suzy[/name_f], Lyemi --> [name_f]Emily[/name_f]). And everything in between - names from other languages, names that aren’t typically used as first names, names that you make up on the spot. (Also, any tips for naming alien races would be nice, too.)

Thank you so much in advance for your help! Have a wonderful day!

First, I think the names you’ve considered are fine - I especially like [name_f]Aranza[/name_f], [name_m]Zayd[/name_m], [name_m]Gasper[/name_m], and [name_m]Negasi[/name_m].
Second, some ideas for names are:
[name_u]Daryan[/name_u]
Ashtom
[name_u]Layne[/name_u]
Draex
Nyjo
Bekn
Raydn
[name_u]Elias[/name_u]

For the two daughters:
[name_f]Nyala[/name_f]
Vaessa
[name_f]Anaya[/name_f]
Aydra
Brisea
[name_f]Alessia[/name_f]
Aeira
Manalia
Yanika
Alextra
[name_u]Shylo[/name_u]
[name_m]Naveen[/name_m]

As for naming alien races, I might suggest just googling “alien species name generator” and seeing if those can help, either giving you a name you like or giving you a starting block to go off of.
Otherwise, what I tend to do, is type a couple random letters and get something like “asghopl”. Now, I don’t really think that’s a good species name, so I’ll try saying it out loud and making a few small changes.
Asghopl
Askhopl
Askhopi
Baskhopi

Still not sure if I like that, but you get the idea.

Good luck!

I would suggest [name_f]Crystal[/name_f], [name_u]Dexter[/name_u], [name_f]Madonna[/name_f], [name_f]Jade[/name_f], [name_f]Emerald[/name_f], [name_m]Frey[/name_m], Nexis and [name_f]Ginger[/name_f].

@writer22 Thank you so much for your help! I especially like [name_u]Daryan[/name_u] (specifically for her uncle), Ashtom, Vaessa, Aydra, and Brisea. I also really like your idea of keyboard smashing an alien name. :slight_smile:

@star_girl I really appreciate your help! [name_f]Madonna[/name_f], [name_m]Frey[/name_m], and Nexis stood out to me the most. :slight_smile:

You both have a wonderful day and thanks again.

@superllama: Sure thing, and you can also do names like Nyota (if you’re a [name_f]Star[/name_f] Trek fan), [name_f]Freya[/name_f], Mangus, [name_f]Samirah[/name_f], [name_f]Destiny[/name_f], and Kalia. Or [name_f]Kara[/name_f] if you’re intoSupergirl like me.