Scott?

[name_f]My[/name_f] Dad’s name was [name_u]Scott[/name_u] [name_u]William[/name_u] And he passed away when I was a kid. I love the idea of naming my first born son after him. But I’m not sure if [name_u]Scott[/name_u] sounds cute for a baby! I think it would be a very strong masculine name as a teen and adult, but would it work for a baby? If I don’t use [name_u]Scott[/name_u] as a first name it would definitely be a middle name. Thoughts on [name_u]Scott[/name_u]?

I think [name_u]Scott[/name_u] would work great for a baby! Especially if he goes by [name_u]Scotty[/name_u].

1 Like

[name_u]Scott[/name_u] is quite nice and solid - and, after all, all Scotts were once babies so I think it would work. He could have the nn [name_m]Otto[/name_m], [name_u]Scottie[/name_u], [name_u]Scout[/name_u] or [name_m]Skip[/name_m] as a kid :slight_smile:

It makes a great middle though

1 Like

I think that’s a lovely idea. How cute would a baby [name_u]Scotty[/name_u] be?! Also love the suggestion of [name_m]Otto[/name_m]!

1 Like

I think it’s better to name a kid for age 5 plus! I have a friend who at the last minute picked baby names and now has major name regret.
[name_u]Scott[/name_u] is a smart and very friendly name - I have a cousin and a friend called [name_u]Scott[/name_u]. [name_u]Scottie[/name_u] is sweet!

1 Like

I love [name_u]Scott[/name_u]!

Such a handsome name that feels understated, outdoorsy and sweet. [name_u]An[/name_u] underused classic that deserves to shine in the first name slot. [name_u]Scott[/name_u] is gorgeous. I think if it was me I would pair [name_u]Scott[/name_u] with something fun like [name_u]Oleander[/name_u] or [name_u]Oakley[/name_u]. [name_u]Scott[/name_u] [name_u]Oleander[/name_u] would be cool.

Also I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your dad :blue_heart:

1 Like

I think meeting a baby named Scott would be really cool. He would likely be the only Scott in his class, and Scottie is so cute for a little boy! There’s also Scooter which is a valid nickname for any Scott.

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] brother in-law’s name is [name_u]Scott[/name_u]. His mom calls him “Scoot”. lol I’ve always thought it was adorable. It’s totally just a pet name only used by her though. He’s [name_u]Scott[/name_u] to everyone else.

I also have a cousin named [name_u]Scott[/name_u]. He was [name_u]Scotty[/name_u] all through childhood. Now he’s probably 50/50 Scott/Scotty. Both he and my brother in-law are in their 40s. They were cute little Scotts back in the day though. :blush:

[name_u]Scott[/name_u] is solid and fine. A nice choice.

I do think it’s a tough one to picture on a baby, but I think the honor trumps that. [name_u]Scotty[/name_u] on a little boy would be delightful as he grows into his name! [name_u]Prescott[/name_u] and [name_m]Otto[/name_m] are alternatives I would consider — if not [name_u]Scott[/name_u] as the middle name.

1 Like

Hey that’s my middle name!

I think it’s fine - simple and recognizable while still being masculine and versatile.

[name_u]Scott[/name_u] is great! and [name_u]Scotty[/name_u] is adorable

[name_u]Scott[/name_u] is great! It doesn’t feel too heavy for a baby IMO. Being just a syllable long, it actually feels quite light and cheerful to me.