Scottish Namehunter Glitch

When I go to use the namehunter tool to find “girl/scottish origin/familiar” names I end up with 100+ pages containing [name_f]EVERY[/name_f] spelling variation of [name_f]Aaliyah[/name_f], [name_u]Alexis[/name_u], [name_f]Abigail[/name_f], etc. I seriously think every name in the database comes up with that search! All I was looking for were names like [name_u]Adair[/name_u], [name_f]Greer[/name_f], [name_u]Allison[/name_u], etc. ya know, familiar Scottish girl names.

Not a huge deal, and I don’t know if it happens on any other searches but I did find it annoying today :slight_smile:

OK, I had a play about with this and had the same problem you described with your Scottish girl search and also with other searches that included “Origin”. It seemed not to be picking up on the selection and using the default “Origin: Any”.

However, I found that if you click “Refine Search” once you get your erroneous list of results from the first search, you can re-enter your parameters and it does work correctly. I only had to do this once; all searches are now working first time for me.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps!

Thanks, katinka!