Scout is Here!!

Our daughter arrived on [name_u]August[/name_u] 19, 2013 and we named her [name_u]Scout[/name_u] [name_u]Everly[/name_u]. Everyone assumes we chose the name because of the character in “To Kill a Mockingbird,” but I’ve never even read the book! I heard the name on [name_f]Demi[/name_f] [name_m]Moore[/name_m]'s daughter when I was a young kid and instantly fell in love with the name. Luckily many years later when I had a daughter my husband loved the name as well. :smiley: [name_u]Everly[/name_u] was chosen basically because it’s the only name we could both agree on that flowed well with [name_u]Scout[/name_u] and our last name.

Congrats and welcome [name_u]Scout[/name_u]!

Aw, that is so great! I adore the name [name_u]Scout[/name_u], and you just made me fall in love with it all over again! I would get used to the TKAM comments though. It’s kind of a one-character association. Maybe you should read the book, too. It really is a great novel! Congratulations on your little [name_u]Scout[/name_u]!

Congratulations! [name_u]Scout[/name_u] [name_u]Everly[/name_u] is such a lovely combination. Good luck!

Congratulations! [name_u]Scout[/name_u] [name_u]Everly[/name_u] is lovely. I agree–I would definitely read the book! If only to know what everybody’s talking about. :slight_smile:

Congratulations!