Scouting for nicknames — lots of stretches

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] berries! A good while ago I asked here for your opinions on my own name since I wanted to change it. I haven’t completely changed it, but I added a name in front of it and I stopped being just Thaís (pronounced tie-EES) and became [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] Thaís. It felt great at the time — and don’t get me wrong, still does — until I got a temporary work position back in my home country and no one — not even people in my family — can say [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] right!

I half think I should have thought about that, but the other half of me — the happier half — is very well aware of how much I don’t regret the name and how much it means to me. But it also means that people are skipping [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] altogether and just calling me [name_f]Thais[/name_f]. I don’t have too much of a problem with that, but I don’t really like it. So me, being the huge nickname person I am, decided to go around the internet searching for nickname options! To both make [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] easier and to make me like [name_f]Thais[/name_f] a little better.

I came up with a LOT of options, a whole ton of stretches too but I made a list of the ones I liked the most and I wonder if you berries could help me pick which ones are the best, maybe? I have absolutely no idea if they’ll eventually stick but it really doesn’t hurt to try. The key here is to find something that works here, that I don’t dislike completely and that would likely be possible to continue using when I go back to the UK.

For Thaís, I found and didn’t immediately hate: [name_f]Tess[/name_f], [name_u]Tate[/name_u] (not exactly sure on that one still), Izzy/ie, teddy/ie and [name_f]Thea[/name_f], though most of them are a big stretch.

For [name_u]Waverly[/name_u], I found these that actually work here: [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Lila[/name_f] (as in lee-la), [name_f]Lilo[/name_f]. (My [name_f]English[/name_f] friends always call me Waves though and that’s my absolute favourite but it really hasn’t been intuitive back home)

I am leaning towards everything with an L or an “ie” sound as I’m used to being called [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] now and growing up kids would call me [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] and [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] because my surname was too hard to pronounce.

But I’d just really like to know what you think could work out of these because I can’t just try to make 8 possible nicknames work at once.

Thank you!!!

I think that the nicknames [name_f]Tess[/name_f] and [name_u]Tate[/name_u] work well for [name_f]Thais[/name_f].
For [name_u]Waverly[/name_u], i think that [name_f]Lily[/name_f] can definetely work. I really like Waves although if that doesn’t work back home, it may not be the right fit. I think that what is most important is that it is a nickname that you feel comfortable with, even though it may not be super close to [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] or [name_f]Thais[/name_f].
These are some other possible nicknames i thought of
For [name_f]Thais[/name_f]:
[name_m]Ty[/name_m], Tie or anything that sounds like that
[name_f]Essie[/name_f]

[name_u]Waverly[/name_u]:
[name_f]Ave[/name_f] / [name_f]Avie[/name_f]
[name_f]Ava[/name_f]
[name_f]Ally[/name_f] / [name_u]Allie[/name_u] / [name_u]Ali[/name_u]
[name_u]Wally[/name_u]
[name_f]Vera[/name_f]
[name_u]Ever[/name_u]
[name_u]Everly[/name_u]
Wave, though if Waves doesn’t work im not sure if this will

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

I like [name_f]Lea[/name_f] for [name_u]Waverly[/name_u]

[name_f]Lilo[/name_f] and [name_f]Lila[/name_f] work well!!

[name_f]Willa[/name_f], Aylie/Alie, [name_f]Ava[/name_f], [name_f]Lettie[/name_f], Lyssie/Lissy

[name_u]Waverly[/name_u] - [name_f]Avie[/name_f], [name_f]Winnie[/name_f], [name_u]Leva[/name_u]
Thaís - Etie (ee - tee), Tizzy, [name_u]Isa[/name_u] (ee - sah)

Thank you for your opinions, everyone!! I LOVE your suggestions too. I’ll see what I think I can adapt to and feel good being called. Thank you very very much!