Search function broken

Your engineers have been notified but I wanted to post here anyway :grin:

All name pages. Does anyone else see this?

10 Likes

How long has this been going on @penelope_lynson?

All name pages are working for me; is anyone else seeing this?

1 Like

I think… it started a few hours ago. [name_f]My[/name_f] memory isn’t good. Name pages won’t open.

EDIT: They work now :thinking:

EDIT: I searched Harriet and still doesn’t work. The name My did :thinking:

EDIT again: I searched My and it didn’t work this time. It worked when I clicked the name link here.

OK, it looks like it’s the search function that might be broken, rather than the name pages. If I click links direct to the names, they work, but if I search, I get the same error message you did… :thinking:

Thanks for the catch! We will try to fix ASAP.

2 Likes

I get it on the actual name pages! It’s so frustrating.

Even if you click a link here in the Forums?

What about if you google eg. “Nameberry [name_f]Harriet[/name_f]” and click the Google listing? Are you able to access the name pages that way?

Yes, both of those work. It’s just when I search it in the website.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve let our tech team know, hopefully there will be a fix soon.

Thank you so much!

1 Like

I’m only seeing this when I try to do a regular search for a name. I can go through and use advanced search and have no problems. This has been going on since late last night, but we lost internet before I could say anything and I forgot to mention it when I got it back. I didn’t do any searches until now, and realized I forgot to post about it.

2 Likes

Thanks, @shells15. The advanced search still working is an important point, thanks for bringing that to my attention.

2 Likes

I saw this, this for a couple name links when I clicked on it, I just thought it was glitching out because everything else was working

I’ve been getting this the past couple days. It’s also only on the regular search function for me, not the advanced one. I can still get to name pages through links and google search, though (like searching: “[name_f]Gloria[/name_f] name” on google & clicking on the NB result).

2 Likes

Same here! The main site is still having problems today.

1 Like

I’m getting this error today when I either search or try to click on the second page of a list

1 Like

Thanks for the report, @AerieEerie. [name_m]Can[/name_m] you link to a list that is broken for you? I’ve just tried a couple and it seems I can page normally.

1 Like

I just went back to the same lists and now they’re working :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Phew :sweat_smile: Hopefully it was a temporary thing that means work is going on behind the scenes!

2 Likes

This has been happening to me sometimes, but not all the time.

I also cannot search for names from the search box, but clicking on the name links works as does googling “Nameberry [name]”.