Searching For Balance

We are parents to girls [name_u]Tegan[/name_u] [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] and [name_u]Britton[/name_u] [name_f]Aisley[/name_f], and boy [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] ("[name_m]Nate[/name_m]").

I’m looking for another girls name that fits well into the pattern we have already created. Unisex/not TOO girly first and femenine middle. I am pretty set on [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] for a middle name, but also like [name_f]Azalea[/name_f] and [name_f]Ellia[/name_f].

First names we like are:

[name_u]Mirin[/name_u]
Aven
[name_u]Seren[/name_u]
[name_u]Arya[/name_u]/[name_f]Aria[/name_f]
[name_f]Farrah[/name_f]
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f]

I also like [name_u]Lane[/name_u] and [name_u]June[/name_u] (nn [name_f]Junie[/name_f]) with [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] but our surname is one syllable so I’m not sure how well those would work out. And I’m not sure if [name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] is too much! I’d also prefer not to have any names that start with T, B, or N.

Aven, [name_u]June[/name_u]/[name_f]Juni[/name_f]/[name_f]Juna[/name_f], and [name_u]Lane[/name_u] are all on my list too and even though I don’t tend to like unisex names I also don’t like frilly first names. I think [name_u]Lane[/name_u] goes well with your other children’s names but what about:

[name_f]Marit[/name_f] ([name_f]Azalea[/name_f])
[name_f]Elin[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f] ([name_f]Magnolia[/name_f])
[name_f]Myra[/name_f]
[name_f]Audra[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] ([name_f]Ellia[/name_f])

I like [name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]!

Hmm…

I love [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] as a middle name it’s gorgeous. From your first name choices I love [name_u]Seren[/name_u], [name_u]Arya[/name_u], and [name_f]Emilia[/name_f]. [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] is a lovely name but potentially too feminine teamed with [name_u]Tegan[/name_u] and [name_u]Britton[/name_u]. Whereas I think [name_u]Seren[/name_u] works perfectly she has the right feel for [name_u]Tegan[/name_u] & [name_u]Britton[/name_u].

I love [name_u]Lane[/name_u] & [name_u]June[/name_u] but I don’t think the flow would work with a one syllable surname.

Suggestions:
[name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] ~ [name_u]Tegan[/name_u] [name_f]Elsa[/name_f], [name_u]Britton[/name_u] [name_f]Aisley[/name_f], [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] & [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]
[name_u]Everly[/name_u] ~ [name_u]Tegan[/name_u] [name_f]Elsa[/name_f], [name_u]Britton[/name_u] [name_f]Aisley[/name_f], [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] & [name_u]Everly[/name_u] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]
[name_u]Kendall[/name_u] ~ [name_u]Tegan[/name_u] [name_f]Elsa[/name_f], [name_u]Britton[/name_u] [name_f]Aisley[/name_f], [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] & [name_u]Kendall[/name_u] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]
[name_u]Delaney[/name_u] ~ [name_u]Tegan[/name_u] [name_f]Elsa[/name_f], [name_u]Britton[/name_u] [name_f]Aisley[/name_f], [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] & [name_u]Delaney[/name_u] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] ~ [name_u]Tegan[/name_u] [name_f]Elsa[/name_f], [name_u]Britton[/name_u] [name_f]Aisley[/name_f], [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] & [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]
[name_f]Selena[/name_f] ~ [name_u]Tegan[/name_u] [name_f]Elsa[/name_f], [name_u]Britton[/name_u] [name_f]Aisley[/name_f], [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] & [name_f]Selena[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]
[name_f]Blythe[/name_f] ~ [name_u]Tegan[/name_u] [name_f]Elsa[/name_f], [name_u]Britton[/name_u] [name_f]Aisley[/name_f], [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] & [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]
[name_f]Anais[/name_f] ~ [name_u]Tegan[/name_u] [name_f]Elise[/name_f], [name_u]Britton[/name_u] [name_f]Aisley[/name_f], [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] & [name_f]Anais[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]
[name_f]Danica[/name_f] ~ [name_u]Tegan[/name_u] [name_f]Elise[/name_f], [name_u]Britton[/name_u] [name_f]Aisley[/name_f], [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] & [name_f]Danica[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]

: )

I like [name_u]Seren[/name_u] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]. I also like [name_u]Seren[/name_u] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], [name_u]Seren[/name_u] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] and [name_u]Seren[/name_u] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f].

I actually really like the combo [name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]. Both of these names I like, but when they’re put together they sound beautiful! Other names I like are…

[name_u]Lane[/name_u] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]
[name_f]Farrah[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]

[name_u]Roma[/name_u] [name_f]Azalea[/name_f]
[name_m]Soren[/name_m] [name_f]Azalea[/name_f]

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Ellia[/name_f]
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Ellia[/name_f]

[name_u]Mirin[/name_u] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] would be wonderful. You might also like [name_f]Maren[/name_f] or [name_f]Moira[/name_f]. [name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] is, sadly, a bit much on the summer floral theme.

[name_u]Lane[/name_u] [name_f]Azalea[/name_f]
[name_u]Sage[/name_u] [name_f]Ellia[/name_f]
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]/[name_f]Azalea[/name_f]
[name_f]Zora[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]

[name_u]Mirin[/name_u]
Aven
[name_u]Seren[/name_u]
[name_u]Arya[/name_u]/[name_f]Aria[/name_f]
[name_f]Farrah[/name_f]
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f]
I am not a fan of [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] _at present. The rest are on my list.
I feel like I am in a special group who are very like - me minded.
@omama I love [name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] -well its on my special list.
[name_u]Mirren[/name_u], Meren, Aven, Ariene are variations I have used, but I am not sure apart from [name_u]Seren[/name_u] if there is a set spelling for the others.
[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] first with a one syllable name would be ideal [name_f]IMO[/name_f]. (4 is limiting):wink:
[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] [name_f]Emily[/name_f] _
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Miren[/name_f] _
[name_u]Seren[/name_u] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] _
[name_u]Seren[/name_u] [name_f]Romilly[/name_f] _
[name_f]Aria[/name_f] [name_f]Miren[/name_f] _
[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] Aven _
[name_u]Seren[/name_u] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] _
Bylythe, [name_f]Calla[/name_f], [name_f]Junia[/name_f], [name_u]Lane[/name_u] *, [name_f]Raina[/name_f], -sorry so many and I forgot your ‘prefer’ list.

Adding to our original list, what do you all think of:

[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_u]Sutton[/name_u]
[name_u]Ryan[/name_u] / [name_f]Ryann[/name_f] / [name_u]Rian[/name_u]
[name_u]Harper[/name_u]

Thank you for all of the replies so far! I’m loving the suggestions!

Hubby so far has said he loves Aven [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f], [name_u]Mirin[/name_u] [name_f]Azalea[/name_f], and [name_u]Harper[/name_u] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]!

[name_u]Tegan[/name_u] and [name_u]Britton[/name_u] strike a nice balance between unisex and feminine. A job well done for someone wanting to avoid the overly-frilly names while making sure the name-wearer doesn’t have to correct everyone–“No, I’m a girl [name_u]Dylan[/name_u].” [name_m]Nate[/name_m] is classic but not overplayed. With that in mind…

[name_u]Mirin[/name_u] - I little too surname-y, like [name_f]Helen[/name_f] [name_u]Mirren[/name_u]. [name_f]Mira[/name_f] or [name_f]Marin[/name_f] are nice alternatives.
Aven - Sorry, way too trendy-sounding, like a merger of [name_f]Ava[/name_f] and [name_u]Haven[/name_u]. I like [name_u]Haven[/name_u] with your sibset though.
[name_u]Seren[/name_u] - I realize this is a legit girls’ name, but I met a lot of men named [name_m]Soren[/name_m], so it sounds kind of masculine to me. Also, it’s a bit too close to [name_u]Tegan[/name_u]. What about [name_f]Serena[/name_f]? I think [name_f]Serena[/name_f] is strong, sturdy, and still has that femininity to it.
[name_u]Arya[/name_u]/[name_f]Aria[/name_f] - Nice name. I think it works well.
[name_f]Farrah[/name_f] - Perfectly nice name, but since I’m roughly 30 it sounds really dated and 70s-ish to me.
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] - I love this name but it’s a little dainty compared to your other choices. Cousin-name [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] is also poised to be a Top 10 name this year, so that’s something to consider if you want something lower down the charts.
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] - This is the winner from your list. Classic, studious-but-fun, not overly popular. Seems perfect to me. And, I love how [name_u]Tegan[/name_u], [name_u]Britton[/name_u], [name_m]Nate[/name_m], and [name_f]Margot[/name_f] would all have a subtle thread to time them together: a T somewhere in their name.
[name_u]Sutton[/name_u] - I usually like this, but it’s too close to [name_u]Britton[/name_u]. [name_m]Sutter[/name_m] would be an option.
[name_u]Ryan[/name_u] - This name has had its time. I’m so tired of hearing [name_u]Ryan[/name_u], on boys or girls.
[name_u]Harper[/name_u] - This is another really nice option that fits your criteria. The only drawback is that it will probably be in the Top 10 this year, so if you want something more uncommon, this won’t work. Otherwise it’s a lovely choice.

Favorites: [name_f]Margot[/name_f], [name_u]Harper[/name_u], [name_u]Arya[/name_u]/[name_f]Aria[/name_f], [name_f]Mira[/name_f]/[name_f]Marin[/name_f], [name_f]Serena[/name_f].

Other options:

[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]
[name_u]Flannery[/name_u]
[name_u]Hadley[/name_u]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f]
[name_u]Lyric[/name_u]
[name_f]Mercy[/name_f]
[name_u]Morgan[/name_u]
[name_u]Piper[/name_u]
[name_u]Presley[/name_u]
[name_f]Sable[/name_f]
[name_f]Sadie[/name_f]
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]
[name_f]Verity[/name_f]
[name_f]Waverley[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f]

[name_f]Clea[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Verity[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]

I really like [name_u]Arya[/name_u]/[name_f]Aria[/name_f]! I also like [name_u]Mirin[/name_u] or [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Miri[/name_f]) with [name_u]Tegan[/name_u], [name_u]Britton[/name_u], and [name_m]Nathanial[/name_m].