• Isabelle ____: 0 (0%)
  • Emmeline Claire: 8 (31%)
  • Genevieve ___: 7 (27%)
  • Roseline ____: 3 (12%)
  • Adelaide ____: 0 (0%)
  • Caroline ____: 4 (15%)
  • Eveline/Evelina ____: 3 (12%)
  • Charlotte ____: 1 (4%)

Ha. I am replying to myself, but how popular do you think [name]Eloise[/name] is going to become?

I voted for [name]Genevieve[/name] I love that name. I really like [name]Emmeline[/name] as well, but its going to be bunched in wth all the emma names. [name]Eloise[/name] on its own and in full is prob not going to be that popular BUT the [name]Eloise[/name] we know goes by [name]Elle[/name] and there are a LOT of [name]Elle[/name]'s and [name]Ella[/name]'s. I think you either have to accept the fact that you love a popular name and go with it OR choose a name thats more unusual but you dont like as much.

I voted for [name]Genevieve[/name]-- it’s a lovely name and it goes well with [name]Annelise[/name]. I thought you might also like [name]Rosemary[/name], since it seems like it fits most of your criteria. Here are some others:

[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Serafina[/name]
[name]Marguerite[/name]
[name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Mariana[/name]
[name]Aveline[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Alexandra[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Caterina[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Tatiana[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name]
[name]Marina[/name]
[name]Estella[/name]
[name]Georgina[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Serena[/name]
[name]Milena[/name]
[name]Marietta[/name]
[name]Catalina[/name]

LOL. [name]Genevieve[/name] is probably my least favorite of the names on my list. From your suggestions I like:

[name]Seraphine[/name]
[name]Catalina[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name]

I also saw [name]Sariah[/name] the other day on here and like that name too

My favorites now are:

[name]Seraphine[/name]
[name]Catalina[/name]
[name]Eveline[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Sariah[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name]
Roseline
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Isabelle[/name]

I voted for [name]Eveline[/name]/[name]Evelina[/name], but [name]Caroline[/name] was my second choice.

I love [name]Emmeline[/name] with [name]Annelise[/name] but I understand your hesitation with all the Emmas and Emilys. I also like [name]Eveline[/name] but I think it will be confused with [name]Evelyn[/name] and there are pronunciation questions - lyn, line or leen.

I voted for Roseline but I think any of the [name]Rose[/name] names would work and go well with [name]Annelise[/name]: [name]Rosemary[/name], [name]Rosalind[/name], [name]Rosamund[/name], [name]Rosalie[/name]. [name]Claire[/name] fits well with all of these choices too.

I didn’t vote because I read down and decided that I want to vote for [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Claire[/name]. I think the combo is so pretty.

I voted for Charlottes, but if it had been on the list, my first choice hands down would have been [name]Evelyn[/name]!

I voted for [name]Emmeline[/name]. I really think it is the perfect sib name for [name]Annelise[/name]. Also, I think you are safe with [name]Emmeline[/name]. It is not even in the top 1000 yet. It will increase in popularity following [name]Emma[/name] and [name]Emily[/name], but it will take a while to even come on the radar. But it is still a name that people will be comfortable with in [name]America[/name]. Your daughter may not even end up growing up with or going to school with any [name]Emma[/name]'s or [name]Emily[/name]'s. If she does, and the [name]Emmy[/name] or other [name]Em[/name]- nicknames are taken, she can always go by her full beautiful name.

[name]Emmeline[/name] is so beautiful … I’d almost hate to have an [name]Emmeline[/name] use a nn and hide such a great name.

As for the other names on your list, I think they are all quite a bit more popular than [name]Emmeline[/name], and if they are not all that popular in themselves, they are associated with a name that is popular (just as [name]Emmeline[/name] could be associated with popular [name]Emily[/name]). So I don’t think any of your other choices will be the right solution. I see [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Caroline[/name], Roseline ([name]Rose[/name] names), and [name]Genevieve[/name] all becoming super popular. [name]Evie[/name] (related to [name]Genevieve[/name]) is soaring on the popularity charts in Europe and Australia. [name]Isabelle[/name] is actually the most popular name right now when you add up all the alternate spellings.

If you really hesitate to use [name]Emmeline[/name], I would use [name]Adelaide[/name] as your next best choice. Third would be [name]Eveline[/name]/[name]Evelina[/name].

I voted for [name]Genevieve[/name], but I also really like [name]Emmeline[/name] and [name]Evelina[/name].

I voted for [name]Genevieve[/name]. I love that name. Sadly, my [name]PIA[/name] DH doesnt’! LOL!!
[name]Charlotte[/name] was our front runner, but I hate how popular it is becoming. :frowning:

Thanks everyone. I think that we will keep [name]Emmeline[/name] as our front runner. I had my best friend give me her opinion of the name (along with a list of others without telling her what our front runner was) and she picked out [name]Emmeline[/name] as her favorite too and told me not to worry about [name]Emily[/name] and [name]Emma[/name] and that [name]Emmeline[/name] was “classy” and “classic”. So, [name]Emmeline[/name] she will be…