Seasons name question.........

My baby is due this winter…I’m talking [name]January[/name]! However, I have ALWAYS loved the name [name]Autumn[/name] [name]Estelle[/name], and also [name]Summer[/name].
Would this be unacceptable to name my daughter one of these names since she will be born in the winter. ([name]Winter[/name] is also a favorite, but the husband says no). Thanks!

Hmm, I think it’s fine. It might confuse some people when it comes to remembering her birthday, but I don’t think that’s such a big deal. I love both [name]Autumn[/name] and [name]Summer[/name]. [name]Autumn[/name] [name]Estelle[/name] is too cute.

My daughter wishes her middle name were [name]Winters[/name]. It is my husband’s grandmother’s maiden name. My daughter was born in the fall.

Yeah, I don’t think it’s too weird. but my husband does! I’ll have to talk to him!

[name]January[/name] is high summer in Australia where I live so [name]Winter[/name] would not be suitable here.

[name]Estelle[/name] is very pretty but [name]Autumn[/name] would not be a first name choice for me.

[name]Autumn[/name] ranked in at #89 last year. I bet that at least half of those little Autumns were not born in the Fall. It’s not my personal taste, but since you really love I think you should go for it!

I actually think the irony of a baby born in [name]January[/name] being named [name]Summer[/name] is pretty cute. It would brighten up your winter. You could think of her as your little bundle of sunshine!

I think these days names and name origins are so flexible that a seasonal name would not be inappropriate no matter when your daughter was born.

go for [name]Autumn[/name]

I dont like [name]Autumn[/name] but [name]Summer[/name] is cute. I bet you wint be the only one out there who has named their child [name]Summer[/name] while it is winter. Maybe instead of using a specific season use the name [name]Season[/name] that is one of my very favorite names. congrats on the baby!

I really don’t see why not. By the time she is born you can say that you’ve been wishing for [name]Summer[/name] all [name]Winter[/name] :wink:
[name]Winters[/name] is a last name on my maternal grandmothers side. I’ve had past interest in using it as a middle name but it never seems to fit with the first names that I like.
I think [name]Noelle[/name] is a fine name to use all year even if not born at [name]Christmas[/name] time.

I agree that an [name]Autumn[/name], [name]Winter[/name], or [name]Summer[/name] can be born in any season. I just looked up the birthdate of [name]Summer[/name] [name]Sanders[/name], the Olympic swimmer (I Googled “Famous people named [name]Autumn[/name]”), and found that she was born in [name]October[/name]. I also know of a few Aprils, and to the best of my knowledge, neither was born in [name]April[/name].

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I think [name]Autumn[/name] [name]Estelle[/name] is a gorgeous name, go for it. I was named after a month that I wasn’t actually born in, most people think my birthday is around that time but its not that confusing

Oh, by the way. Out of 5 of my siblings 3 of us are born in [name]April[/name]. It wasn’t until the very last one that my mom finally decided to use [name]April[/name] as a first name.