Seawillow’s Unrealistic and Amazing Top Ten

I’ve spent the last few weeks secretly working on a majorly exciting project — my absolutely crazy, unabashed, perfect Top Ten. The boys will hopefully be finished soon, but right now I’m going to go ahead and share the girl names.

My only rule was that I couldn’t reuse any names in more than one combo.

1. Hallelujah Tziporah Liv
Summary

To praise the Lord with the bird of life. Hallelujah is a word that is spoken to thank God for his many works and miracles. It is also a song by Leonard Cohen, a song which brought me through a dark place in my life and continues to put peace in my heart. Tziporah was said in the Old Testament to be lovely, like the beauty of a bird, thus her meaning. She was a merciful woman who played an important role in Moses’ journey. There is a verse in the Bible that said that God carried the Israelites to safety on the wings of a bird. I want my daughter to know that God is with her always. Liv means life. This name encompasses my hope for my daughter that she find refuge in her faith, and uses the miracle of her life to spread her wings and praise the Lord.

1. Lucy Evangeline Love
Summary

A light which bears the good news of love. Lucy is a name that I have loved ever since I was a little girl with OCD, clinging to the idea of goodness that was Lucy Pevensie. The Chronicles of Narnia mean so much to me, and the character of Lucy remains on my heart everywhere I go. Lucy is also reminiscent of Lucille Ball, whose legacy in film changed the course of what it meant to be a woman in the industry. The name Lucy also reminds of when I was in junior high and read a novel about Lucy Stone, one of the greatest women in American history due to her work with suffrage and abolition. “Man is unjust,” Wadsworth says in his poem Evangeline, “but God is just.” I want my Lucy to remember that God will always love her, just like I will always love her. And I hope that her life brings her nothing but good news, as the meaning of her first middle name implies. Love is a simple word that means something big. To love is to cherish. 1 Corinthians 13: Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps record of no wrong doings. These are the traits I wish for my daughter with all my heart, to be full of grace, compassion, humbleness, and strength.

1. Remember Hephzibah Anne
Summary

Remember that my delight is in her grace. Remember is a name that is reminiscent of the Mayflower and my work in Early American history. It is a word that means to recall. Hephzibah was a woman in the Bible who lived a Godly life, pure and loving and devout. Together, Remember Hephzibah means “remember that delight is in her.” That is true from God and from me as her mother. Anne is a name meaning “grace,” something I hope all my children have. It is also the name of my perfect mother, who is so beautiful and the image of bravery. I can’t think of a better woman to name my daughter after. Anne is also the name of my daughter’s great-grandmother, who I am sure is looking after her in Heaven.

1. Casiphia Hosanna Brave
Summary

The treasure of prayer is in its bravery. Casiphia is a Biblical name that means “treasure,” which my children would be the most precious treasure of them all. Casiphia is a place in the Bible where people gathered to worship and to praise God. Hosanna is a declaration to the Lord, a cry for help, a cry of beautiful praise. Brave is what I hope for my daughter to be in all of her endeavors. This name is my sincerest wish for my child to be courageous in her faith and in her purpose.

1. Promise Eliora Beatrice
Summary

The Lord has promised me light and happiness. Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you, and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future.

1. Galilee Sophronia Prayer
Summary

To be prudent in prayer to the one from Galilee. Jesus is our most beloved Galilean, as were the women of Galilee who followed Him even when they were told not to. Sophronia means to be prudent and wise. To pray is to speak with God. In this name, I hope my daughter finds peace in her heart, no matter the season, because she has God to turn to.

1. Bathsheba Evelyn Sage
Summary

Daughter of an oath that desires wisdom. This name is for my daughter to remember to always question, learn, and listen. I want her to find her own path in life, the life that God promised her.

1. Hopestill Ave Elizabeth
Summary

There is hope in the welcoming of God. A name to remind my daughter that when/if she accepts God, faith can never be lost, because there is always someone looking out for her that is even mightier than her loving parents.

1. Cornelia Grace Anointed (shoutout to @hyacinthbucket for Anointed!)
Summary

The horn that brought her grace. I hope that as Cornelia studies the word of God and the lessons of Jesus, she is filled with grace and love, because she was chosen for this life for a reason.

1. Susanna Bethlehem Pearl
Summary

The most pure flower of Bethlehem. I want my child to remember that she is a blossom. Sometimes there will be times where she feels as though she’s wilting, but Spring will always come again. In those times, I will her to remember the man who was born in Bethlehem, who sacrificed himself for her sins. Pearl is my birth stone and a symbol of purity, so that she always has me with her in her name.

29 Likes

Thank you for sharing these names that are so you! I love the meanings and how special they are to you. [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] [name_f]Tziporah[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_u]Love[/name_u], [name_f]Promise[/name_f] [name_f]Eliora[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] and [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] [name_f]Bethlehem[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] are my favourites but they are all beautiful! :heart_eyes::white_heart:

2 Likes

What beautiful, meaningful, golden names! I know any child would be so blessed to have any of these names.

4 Likes

Oh my goodness, any child would be lucky to be given a name with this much love & care & meaning poured into it. These are stunning and so special, and you can just feel all the goodness and wonder that went into their creation. I’m in awe, [name_f]Theodosia[/name_f]! thank you so much for sharing :orange_heart:

3 Likes

What a beautiful list! They are all so lovely and so you! I adore @gracegillian’s description of “golden” – they truly do seem so warm and welcoming and glowing with light!

My personal favorites are [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] [name_f]Tziporah[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_u]Love[/name_u], and Hopestill [name_f]Ave[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]!

2 Likes

They’re absolutely beautiful!! Yay [name_f]Theodosia[/name_f]! I love all of them and their meanings so much! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

sorry, posted that too early by accident :stuck_out_tongue: anyway, i absolutely adore your full list of names!!! absolutely stunning and so so so very you!!! and it’s marvelous that you’ve poured so much tenderness and love into each and every one of them. my favorite would have to be hopestill ave elizabeth, though all of them are lovely!

2 Likes

What a beautiful and meaningful list!
I particularly love [name_f]Promise[/name_f] [name_f]Eliora[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], [name_f]Casiphia[/name_f] [name_f]Hosanna[/name_f] [name_u]Brave[/name_u], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_u]Love[/name_u] and [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] [name_f]Bethlehem[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]

1 Like

Wow, your list is beautiful! These are all so thoughtful and meaningful!

1 Like

So great names

1 Like

Wow! Ok I love you’re explanation and spelling choice for [name_f]Tziporah[/name_f]! Honestly I could so see [name_f]Tziporah[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f] being an actual person… and not just her but also [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_u]Love[/name_u] and [name_f]Promise[/name_f] [name_f]Eliora[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]! [name_f]Awesome[/name_f]!

1 Like

They are all so breathtaking!

1 Like

These are all stunning and beautiful :two_hearts:

1 Like

Wow, wow, wow! Your earnestness shines through each and every one of these names.

My absolute favorites are [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_u]Love[/name_u] and [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] [name_f]Bethlehem[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]. They sound like protagonists of all my favorite novels growing up – springy, vibrant, and old-fashioned.

You have a real talent there, @seawillow. For names and for stirring hearts :heart:

2 Likes

You have such a gift for combos, [name_f]Theodosia[/name_f]! These are stunning! :heart_eyes: :sparkles:

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_u]Love[/name_u] (totally usable, btw), [name_f]Casiphia[/name_f] [name_f]Hosanna[/name_f] [name_u]Brave[/name_u], [name_f]Galilee[/name_f] [name_f]Sophronia[/name_f] Prayer, [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] Anointed (absolutely love this), and [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] [name_f]Bethlehem[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] are my favorites! I feel like I just listed off all of them. :joy:

How are you pronouncing [name_f]Ave[/name_f]? Is it like [name_f]Ava[/name_f] without the a? (Ay-v)

1 Like

Wow!

1 Like

Ah-vay. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ohhhhh… that makes more sense lol

1 Like

These are all so you and amazing! [name_f]Glad[/name_f] you found a list of names you love

1 Like

How beautiful, [name_f]Theodosia[/name_f]! Any child would be blessed with the care and love you put into their names.

1 Like