Second guessing Roland

I’m 26 weeks with a surprise baby, and we’ve had [name_m]Roland[/name_m] picked for a couple months. We were thinking [name_m]Rollo[/name_m] as a nickname but I’m not sure if I like that anymore, and now, the more I say the full name on it’s own, the more it sounds like “rollin.’”

The ball is rollin’ down the driveway.
I’m rollin’ up my jeans.
Etc.

I know that’s not the proper pronunciation but I live in a rural area so, if I’m not over thinking, it’s likely people would slur it like that.

Am I crazy or do you guys hear it too? [name_f]Remember[/name_f] I’m surrounded by county folk!

I can hear it but I don’t think it’ll be a problem. I grew up in rural southeast [name_u]Texas[/name_u], so I know about people and the way they talk. My maiden name rhymes with “whales” and is spelled with an A just like that, but in [name_u]Texas[/name_u] it rhymes with words spelled like “wells.” If we didn’t write it down for a clerk or someone who asked, they’d inevitably misspell it. People may slur [name_m]Roland[/name_m] to sound more like rollin’, but just spell it right in your own head when they say it. They know his name is [name_m]Roland[/name_m] and not [name_m]Rollin[/name_m]’.

So I’m just gonna say that this is a super common thing to have happen at this stage of your pregnancy, starting to overthink everything. I have a feeling if you take a step back and give yourself a few weeks before coming back to it you’ll realize you still love this name and were just letting anxiety get the better of you.

I especially think if his nn will be [name_m]Rollo[/name_m] that your rollin’ fear will turn out to be a non issue.

I find [name_m]Roland[/name_m] to be absolutely precious and the nick name [name_m]Rollo[/name_m] is wonderful.

I definitely vocalize the final ‘d’ when saying the name but could see how it would sound like ‘d’ if spoken quickly or very casually. To me, this really doesn’t seem like a big deal. My name slurred sometimes sounds like ‘someone’ and I’m sure many other names sound like other words when spoken lazily too.
Also, [name_m]Roland[/name_m] may not be common, but it is known, and I doubt people will assume your son’s name is actually rollin if that’s a concern. Plus, he could always just fall back on [name_m]Rollo[/name_m], which I actually think would age very nicely.