Second shortlist

I think I am nearly there on choosing a girl’s name!

I am a teacher, will be a single mom… so I’m looking for possibly something that will stand out (as I’ve encountered literally dozens of Evies, Graces and Ellas!)

I THINK my top choice right now is [name_f]Ayla[/name_f]. I’ve never taught or come across an [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] in school and don’t feel it’s too ‘out there.’
Middle names? My shortlist is: [name_f]Emmie[/name_f], [name_f]Holly[/name_f], [name_f]Elodie[/name_f], [name_f]Elsie[/name_f], [name_f]Florence[/name_f], [name_u]Georgie[/name_u], [name_f]Sophie[/name_f], [name_u]Logan[/name_u], [name_f]Molly[/name_f], [name_f]Maggie[/name_f], [name_f]Margot[/name_f], [name_f]Minnie[/name_f], [name_f]Coralie[/name_f]… any thoughts on this?

Other names I am considering:
[name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Freya[/name_f] (but think it is too common/have taught lots of Lilys)
[name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] (only taught one [name_f]Freya[/name_f])
[name_f]Martha[/name_f] [name_f]Elodie[/name_f]/[name_f]Martha[/name_f] [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] (only taught one [name_f]Martha[/name_f])
[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Madeline[/name_f]/[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] (but [name_f]Anna[/name_f] is my godmother’s name and don’t want to upset other godmother)
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f]/[name_f]Elsie[/name_f] [name_u]August[/name_u] (I think it is too 'cutesy)

[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] is pretty. Different but not crazy. Can make a great choice, although not my style. [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Coralie[/name_f] hits me very well. [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f] is really interesting I think. I also like [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f].

From your other choices, I adore [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]!! It’s so very sweet and pretty. The others aren’t my style, except maybe [name_f]Anna[/name_f].

[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] is similar to [name_f]Ella[/name_f] in sound, though.

I like [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] and [name_f]Florence[/name_f] as middle names, and would recommend [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] if you love [name_f]Coralie[/name_f].

What about:
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Madeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwen[/name_f] [name_f]Magdalena[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Madeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Magdalena[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Madeline[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] as a name but unfortunately sounds ridiculous with my last name :frowning:

I love [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] so much.the clan of the cave bear was a childhood favorite so I love the association I have to it too

Are you pronouncing it AY-la or IY-la? I’ve met both.

I like [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] a lot, and [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f]

[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] is a lovely combo!

From your others I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u]
[name_f]Martha[/name_f] [name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f]

I would rule out [name_f]Emmie[/name_f] , [name_f]Holly[/name_f] , [name_f]Molly[/name_f] , [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] , [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] and [name_f]Florence[/name_f] if you are in [name_m]New[/name_m] Zealand or Australia. If you haven’t taught one of the above names you definitely will at some point. [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] is on the bubble but it depends on pronunciation. If it’s pronounced like Ay-la then it’s okay but if you are going with eye-la then I would rule it out too because I’m 100% sure you will teach an [name_f]Isla[/name_f] at some point

I’d also rule out [name_u]Logan[/name_u] because it is such an outlier with your list. [name_u]Logan[/name_u] & [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] would be okay but no other name matches.

I love [name_f]Coralie[/name_f] and that would be my top choice for you. [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] and [name_f]Margot[/name_f] are also nice.

Name combos -

[name_f]Coralie[/name_f] [name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_f]Coralie[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Coralie[/name_f] [name_f]Samantha[/name_f]
[name_f]Coralie[/name_f] [name_f]Freya[/name_f]
[name_f]Coralie[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Coralie[/name_f] [name_f]Geneva[/name_f]
[name_f]Coralie[/name_f] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]
[name_f]Coralie[/name_f] [name_f]Noella[/name_f]
[name_f]Coralie[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]

[name_f]Elsie[/name_f] [name_f]Miranda[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f] [name_f]Liliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f] [name_f]Mariah[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f] [name_f]April[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f] [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]

[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_m]Arrow[/name_m]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Lucille[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]

I’m not sure if you are taking any more suggestions but I want to suggest a few. Ignore if you want -

[name_f]Valerie[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f]
[name_f]Jenna[/name_f]
[name_f]Mira[/name_f]
[name_f]Elisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Greta[/name_f]
[name_f]Alma[/name_f]
[name_f]Bridget[/name_f]
[name_f]Jolie[/name_f]
[name_f]Bonnie[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f]
[name_f]Lena[/name_f]
[name_f]Belle[/name_f]
[name_f]Mavis[/name_f]

[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] is very pretty! I thought of middles [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_f]Jade[/name_f], and [name_u]Madison[/name_u].
My favorites from your list are [name_f]Molly[/name_f], [name_f]Sophie[/name_f], and [name_f]Coralie[/name_f].
I also love [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]. (FYI, you might want to check on the popularity of [name_f]Freya[/name_f]).
And [name_f]Anna[/name_f] is also very nice, and I wouldn’t worry about the whole godmother thing.
Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] would be stunning! I also like [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Coralie[/name_f] and [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f].

Definitely AY-la. I don’t actually like [name_f]Isla[/name_f] at all, and it’s very popular, there are a few at my school already but no Aylas (… yet.)

Thanks for all the suggestions, I’m open to more :slight_smile: Possibly leaning [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f] …?