Second thoughts on Eluna

If you voted on the polls for my [name_f]Elf[/name_f] Girl MC, you know I chose Eluna.

Roran “[name_u]Rory[/name_u]” and Eluna are the POV MCs of my book so far.

I am worried though, because Eluna is just one letter away from my name, so I might project myself on my character even more. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think it’ll be a problem?

Hmm no I’d don’t think it matters

1 Like

Personally, I think it’s totally fine. I think the name is “different” enough that know one will notice. I didn’t notice. :slightly_smiling_face:

I love Eluna, and I don’t think it matters that much. When I first read the title of this thread, I thought it said “second thoughts on [name_f]Elena[/name_f]” :joy: but I pronounce them very differently. If you think it’ll be a problem, [name_f]Eluned[/name_f] is a similar name (pronounced EH-lən-ed) is a similar one, and you could do other lun- names like [name_f]Luneth[/name_f], Lunet (:heart:), or [name_f]Luned[/name_f].

1 Like

It think it’s fine! I love Eluna for your MC!

2 Likes

I don’t think it matters…
And if you’re worried about readers, I once read an entire series about [name_m]Tommy[/name_m] written by [name_m]Tom[/name_m] and I didn’t notice the name connection for years!