Seeking honest feedback on this name?

Its alright, although I think older family members might find it a bit much.

I really like the name … and I don’t think it is too strange or uncommon, honestly I feel that I am meeting a little Bohdi, Bodie, [name]Bode[/name] everytime time I go to a playground, mall, or birthday party.

[name]Bodhi[/name] is not a horrible name. However, he will more then likely spend the rest of his life pronouncing and spelling his name. It’s just something you need to be prepared for.

i named my son [name]Bodhi[/name] last year. i loved the meaning and i think it’s a really special name. i wasn’t looking to be unique or different i just wanted a sweet name that meant something to our family.
my worries were similar to yours, what would people think? for the most part i’ve had VERY positive feedback. yes, a couple of the older relatives were like, Wha? but they got over it pretty quickly. and surprisingly very few people, so far, mispronounce it. the biggest comments that we get is, “oh, like [name]Patrick[/name] Swayze’s character in Point Break? cool.” and people my parents’s age say “oh, like the Steely [name]Dan[/name] song, Bodhisattva? cool.” it’s pretty funny actually.
go with your gut. my [name]Bodhi[/name]'s up now and throwing clementines. good luck.

As others have said, I think the spiritual meaning behind the name is great, and one to which you have a genuine connection. And I’m sure people who know and love your son would get used to the long-o pronunciation of a name. BUT if you’re looking for honesty, I would be hard-pressed to choose a name so easily corrupted to “body.” Maybe it’s because I’ve had three teenagers and have spent three decades seeing them through school, but “body” will inevitably work itself into the picture. [name]How[/name] your son handles that is an unknowable. I’d want to pick a name without such an obvious pitfall.

i’m sorry i can’t let this go. “body” is your concern? body? that someone, someday might “corrupt” it to body? that is what you describe as an “obvious pitfall”? i guess if you look hard enough you can find a way to “corrupt” any name if that’s really what you want to do. we do still live in a time where men willingly call themselves [name]Dick[/name] right? i’m not worried about [name]Bodhi[/name].

I think it is a great name very unique