Seeking opinions on these names please

[name]Hi[/name] there,

I would love to hear anyone’s thoughts about the following names (do you like it, what’s your first thought on hearing it, how does it go in a sib set with [name]Rupert[/name], etc?). Also if you have any favourite combos would love to hear. Thanks so much. :slight_smile:

[name]Ottilie[/name]

[name]Ruth[/name]

[name]Eliza[/name]

[name]Beatrice[/name]

[name]Lyra[/name]

[name]Ottilie[/name] – I love it but I pronounce it the [name]German[/name] way (like my [name]German[/name] grandma named [name]Ottilie[/name]) which is Awt-till-eeuh. I think oh-till-ee is the more common pronunciation in [name]America[/name] though. Still think it’s nice.
[name]Ruth[/name] – Very old fashioned. I like it, but it’s nms
[name]Eliza[/name] – I love the sound, and how old fashioned this one is too, it’s great.
[name]Beatrice[/name] – I prefer [name]Beatrix[/name] because it’s spunkier, but [name]Beatrice[/name] is really nice and soft. [name]Love[/name] it!
[name]Lyra[/name] – I love it but people tend to pronounce it wrong. It’s suppose to be Lie-ruh, after the [name]Lyre[/name] instrument that the constellation was named for. Some people say leeer-uh and I think that sounds weird.

[name]Ottilie[/name] - never heard of this name before NB. Too much like otter or oddly for my taste. I don’t like it.

[name]Ruth[/name] - lovely simple classic. I like it. I know a 20 something named [name]Ruth[/name] but I’ve never met a kid with the name.

[name]Eliza[/name] - I’m not super fond of it on it’s own. I love [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Lizzie[/name] and [name]Ellie[/name], but [name]Eliza[/name] just reminds me of My Fair Lady, so I immediately think - low brow.

[name]Beatrice[/name] - lovely, I like it a lot.

[name]Lyra[/name] - beautiful. I wish this were used more often cause it’s gorgeous!

I would love to hear anyone’s thoughts about the following names (do you like it, what’s your first thought on hearing it, how does it go in a sib set with [name]Rupert[/name], etc?). Also if you have any favourite combos would love to hear. Thanks so much. :slight_smile:

[name]Ottilie[/name]- nms. It geels unfamiliar & I like [name]Otto[/name] or [name]Otis[/name] on a boy, but don’t like the sound on a girl.

[name]Ruth[/name]- nms. I don’t mind [name]Rue[/name] or [name]Ruby[/name] though.

[name]Eliza[/name]- I love it. Anything from [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] to [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Grey[/name] is gorgeous…depends on your style. I also love [name]Liza[/name].

[name]Beatrice[/name]- I love it!

[name]Lyra[/name]- nms reminds me of money

I like [name]Ottilie[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name] best with [name]Rupert[/name]. I think [name]Beatrice[/name] is probably my favorite, I love the traditional and softness of this name as a juxtaposition of the harder consonants in [name]Rupert[/name].

• how about [name]Tillie[/name].
    Bea or Trixie would be cute for Beatrice
  • how about [name]Tillie[/name].

I like [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Lyra[/name] with [name]Rupert[/name].
Some combos:
[name]Ottilie[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Ruth[/name] [name]Alessandra[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]